Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have GOT to get into the business of building coops and selling them to hipsters ...

+7
Micah and Kiah
Schipperkesue
Keibler77
Ruffledfeathers
coopslave
SerJay
authenticfarm
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Proof that some people have more money than brains!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yikes! did you read the review Shocked

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

The review is the funniest part! People are crazy!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy Crap! Shocked $3000!
Jonny and the rest of you that build your own, need to rip down that old barn in the back 40 and start makin yourselves some REAL money!!! Very Happy

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

OMG I'm almost rendered speechless.

How hippy chic, just think of all the trendy city chooks.

Keibler77

Keibler77

Ummm....wife sometimes sleeps beside the coop--so 2 year old can sleep in coop with chickens and not get eaten by a bear??? Yep...gotta be extra careful with the young ones during bear season.

"when it snows it might be cold for animals and humans" -----Humans??.....ya think!??

Oi Vay! Some people....dang that made me laugh though! Razz

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think the review is a sham, created by the person trying to rip off potential customers.

As far as the coop goes, I think it is kind of considered art, hence the price. it is all in the marketing isnt it? The couple who created it have their website here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8I have GOT to get into the business of building coops and selling them to hipsters ... Empty They should require a license!!!! Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Thanks for posting this, I really needed a good belly laugh, it was a rough day.

Schipperkesue, you are probally right, it is likely considered are, and that review just can't be real, could it? But then again, it might be! Either way, it was truely great to just not think and laugh loudly.

Three grand! Shocked Money Throw I always wanted to use this throwing money away icon! If we took our old bank barn down and turned it into those coops we could buy a new farm!

The description should add, " As an extra bonus, the unpainted wood will makes a lovely home for the underapreaciated bugs that will attempt to feed on your chickens and two year old, but don't worry, they won't get bite your wife...the bear already got her!"

lol!

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

On their website the coop is now $1500.00! Half price! Can't beat that! They say it comfortably houses 3 chickens! A mere $500 per chicken!

After some rough calculations, that henhouse will pay for itself in eggs in about 5 and a half years (assuming your chickens live that long, no cost for feed, other equipment, birds, medicine etc).

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:On their website the coop is now $1500.00! Half price! Can't beat that! They say it comfortably houses 3 chickens! A mere $500 per chicken!

After some rough calculations, that henhouse will pay for itself in eggs in about 5 and a half years (assuming your chickens live that long, no cost for feed, other equipment, birds, medicine etc).

I don't think with bears that close you are gonna get 3 chooks to last 5 years! Maybe with the 2 year old guarding them! Laughing

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:
Fowler wrote:On their website the coop is now $1500.00! Half price! Can't beat that! They say it comfortably houses 3 chickens! A mere $500 per chicken!

I don't think with bears that close you are gonna get 3 chooks to last 5 years! Maybe with the 2 year old guarding them! Laughing

That also assumes those 3 hens all lay an egg every single day.

I bet they could auction them off on that other site that was posted the other day. There's a market for that stuff! Or a buyer at least, and at those prices, you don't need many. Laughing

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good Gordon! IF you spend that much on a coop, how much do you have left over to buy chickens?

Butterboy

Butterboy

uno wrote:Good Gordon! IF you spend that much on a coop, how much do you have left over to buy chickens?

If you are naïve enough to buy that coop you would probably want the buy some $2000 pullets from greenfire. Money Throw

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Butterboy wrote:
uno wrote:Good Gordon! IF you spend that much on a coop, how much do you have left over to buy chickens?

If you are naïve enough to buy that coop you would probably want the buy some $2000 pullets from greenfire. Money Throw
Crossbreeds are the hot thing these days. I have a Cuckoo Marameraucana that they might be interested in.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:
Butterboy wrote:

Crossbreeds are the hot thing these days. I have a Cuckoo Marameraucana that they might be interested in.

Oh I like that name it just inspires people to Money Throw

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

How about some of my Sizzle Frizzle Cocoa mocha cochinorps?
(I admit I have not yet created these, but with a catchy name like that, I should probably start the wait list now!)

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote:How about some of my Sizzle Frizzle Cocoa mocha cochinorps?
(I admit I have not yet created these, but with a catchy name like that, I should probably start the wait list now!)

You could call it the SFCMC. Who would want a sizzle frizzle. You could have a slogan like "bring the sizzle back to your coop" scratch

19I have GOT to get into the business of building coops and selling them to hipsters ... Empty S.I.N. Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:10 am

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

I've got a Sumatra/Ameraucana hen I could call a Sumatracauna and if I crossed her with a Icelandic Nankin cross but it would really be a S.I.N.!!!!!! clown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum