Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Look what eye have done! (update ya gotta see)

+12
Arcticsun
CynthiaM
karona
uno
toybarons
loushrop
smokyriver
Schipperkesue
mirycreek
auntieevil
authenticfarm
coopslave
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have spent a long time searching for a top notch artist to render the exact likeness that I was going for. It hasn't been easy and I didn't want to unveil the final drawing until it was done and not scabbed over anymore. BUt since it seems 'some people' won't be happy until they've forced my hand, I will show you the final drawing now. I think it's going to be awesome, I can hardly wait.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Yes, I realize this horse is either A) missing a nostril or B) has a dog nose. I can't edit in a missing nostril at this point. But you have to admit, it's a looker!)

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

ROFL ROFL

Oh you guys are Twisted Evil and I love that. Such sportsmanship, impressive.

CS I can't believe the differnce from day 1 to day 2 now its your whole eye. You poor thing it really looks like Uno has a right hook that know one should mess with.
Sorry Uno I just had too. I do however love the detail of your horse Laughing
I do hope you feel better

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dana suggested that the injury might be from the same source as her mother's identical black eye.

Her mother was 40 years old, and it was Christmas, back in the good old days when toys didnt need computer consoles, Star Wars was king at the box office, and families still played together. All the presents were wrapped and all that was left to do was clean up. Her mother and her friend were collecting the long rolls from the wrapping paper, and , well.... if you have a long roll, admit it,,, instant light saber.....

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Any ouchy eye updates today, Coopslave?

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

LCRT.....BAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA......HAHAJAHAHAA......HOHOHOHHO.....HEEHEEHEEHEE.................

THUD!!!!!!

*Picks self up off floor*

Oh that's a gooder. Yessireebob.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You would all be shocked if you could see what a great job the 'artist' did to make Uno's tattoo look just like what she has shared with you!!! Wink

Here is the update Sue.

It is slowly traveling down my face and getting bigger! Shocked Hubby played rugby for years and says it is the best black eye he has ever seen. I think that is pretty impressive.

I had to go out in public today, we are helping people learn to work cattle on horses. One of the fellows we help is a Dr and he was a bit concerned. He said you often see black eye like this with a cranial fracture. Then he said they wouldn't do anything for it anyways if it was. He then told me it would probably take close to 2 weeks to disappear.....sigh.

So I will keep posting updates for you until you are no longer interested or it is that awful yellow that is supposed to mean it is healing and actually makes you look sicker.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't wait until it turns green! Green bruises are the BEST!

I should send the picture to my brother the computer nerd. He will morph them from one day to the next. I think that would be cool.

Coopslave, I am not as heartless as I sound. I do feel for you and your pain, but you have unwittingly given me the opportunity to have WAY too much fun with this.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:Dana suggested that the injury might be from the same source as her mother's identical black eye.

Her mother was 40 years old, and it was Christmas, back in the good old days when toys didnt need computer consoles, Star Wars was king at the box office, and families still played together. All the presents were wrapped and all that was left to do was clean up. Her mother and her friend were collecting the long rolls from the wrapping paper, and , well.... if you have a long roll, admit it,,, instant light saber.....

I missed this, Artic, because of the convoluted story Sue told. This is much less complicated and easy to remember and actually more plausible. Hubby and I still do this with those paper rolls if given half the chance!!! Very Happy

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's all fun until someone loses an eye!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:It's all fun until someone loses an eye!

Or receives a cranial fracture!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Did you notice in the picture above I put mascara on. Like that is going to help when going out in public. Rolling Eyes

I actually can forget a bit that I have it. Yesterday was interesting cause everything the ladies would look at me they would smile and giggle. Of course then I remember.

No pain now Sue, inless I bump the lump on my brow. Hubby thinks its sexy, go figure.....

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

My sister is a school teacher and she was here for a visit this past weekend. I had to read her your stories as I have had such a great time with them. She just sent me this email, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

The “Real” story of Coop Slave’s black eye, as told by her sister Barn Slave.

Coop Slave was awake and up earlier than usual that fateful morning. Even though winter had not yet fully arrived at her mountain ranch, it was cold and dark when she started down to the chicken coop. Coop Slave thought it was odd that her dog wasn’t around.
When Coop Slave arrived at the chicken coop, she noticed that it was unusually quiet. Then she thought she heard a muffled clacking sound instead of the usual contented clucking. She slowly opened the coop’s door. In the dim light she was startled to see her hens gathered around the old typewriter she had tossed the day before into the trash. In the far end of the coop her dog was cornered by the roosters. A startled gasp escaped from Coop Slave. The Wheatons immediately looked at her. They realised the gig was up and bolted through the door under her feet. The rest of the flock, in a mad flurry of feathers, followed quickly behind them. With a look of relief on her doggy face, Coop Slave’s dog wagged her way up to Coop Slave.
Coop Slave bent to pick up the typewriter. On the sheet of paper on the typewriter was: “Dog is hostage. More corn and dog goes free. Signed The Chooks.” Coop Slave knew that the Chanteclers were behind this. She decided that their freezer would soon be filled to capacity. She picked up the old typewriter and started to trudge up the hill back to the garbage bin beside her house. Partway up the hill Coop Slave’s feet slipped on the ice. With her hands full of ancient typewriter, she fell head first onto the frozen ground. Her forehead, above her left eye, hit the return arm of the old typewriter and she lost consciousness.
Coop Slave returned to consciousness with her dog licking her swelling eye. Her crazy morning slowly returned to her as she dizzily sat up. She looked around for the typewriter and couldn’t see it anywhere. She decided that she really didn’t care where it was. Coop Slave returned to her house to put a cold compress on her rapidly swelling eye.
Later that day Coop Slave’s husband, Herd Boss, noticed that the herd of cows were acting strangely. Whistling for his dogs, he headed out to the middle of the field to see what was going on. As he approached the cows he noticed that they were all in a circle and within that circle of cows were his cattle dogs. It looked like the cows had trapped the dogs within the circle. Herd Boss thought this was quite odd. As he got closer the heifers swung their head towards him, gave him a good look and bolted across the field. All the remaining cows then turned towards Herd Boss, snorted and followed the heifers across the field. Herd Boss’ dogs ran up to greet him.
Herd Boss then noticed something on the ground where the cows had been. As he got closer he realized it was the old typewriter that Coop Slave had thrown out. When he reached down to pick up the typewriter, he saw the message the cows had typed: “Holding dogs as hostages. Feed more corn and the dogs go free. Signed The Herd.”
Herd Boss decided that the Herefords where the leaders of this rebellion and that at trip to the butcher was in order. He thought that steak for supper tonight was a good idea. As he was dreaming of the steak, he didn’t hear the stampede of hooves behind him until it was too late. Herd Boss woke in the partially frozen mud to his cattle dogs licking his face. He was battered and bruised from head to toe. As he dragged himself off to the house for a warm bath and a Scotch, he didn’t even notice the old typewriter was missing.
Just at dusk, Cow Hand went out to feed the stock their evening meal. His dog was not waiting for him at the barn. As he rounded the corner of the barn; he noticed that the horses were all standing in a circle at the far end of the corral. He thought this odd as he walked towards them……

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

It happened like this...

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:My sister is a school teacher and she was here for a visit this past weekend. I had to read her your stories as I have had such a great time with them. She just sent me this email, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Ha, she must be an elementary teacher! This sounds similar to the book "Clack, Clack, Moo - Cows That Type." It's one of my daughter's favourites.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK, now we need a picture of the Herd Boss's face!

Fowler...very imaginative, but WRONG! Your explanation would blacken the right eye, not the left.....unless......Coopslave, which eye do you shoot with?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:
coopslave wrote:My sister is a school teacher and she was here for a visit this past weekend. I had to read her your stories as I have had such a great time with them. She just sent me this email, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Ha, she must be an elementary teacher! This sounds similar to the book "Clack, Clack, Moo - Cows That Type." It's one of my daughter's favourites.

Well done Authentic, you got it. I worked in a school library for a while and I think that is one of my favourite series of books. We wondered if anyone would recognise it. Very Happy

Fowler in one sense I am offended you think I would do that and on the other flattered that you think I may have a body like that. Thank you and middle finger salute all at the same time! Laughing

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:
Well done Authentic, you got it. I worked in a school library for a while and I think that is one of my favourite series of books. We wondered if anyone would recognise it. Very Happy

We have two in that series, they're ones I don't mind reading repeatedly. We had a pet duck for awhile (hatched from an abandoned nest), so I enjoy the trouble-making duck!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave, I need my fix. Any new pictures today?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum