Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Look what eye have done! (update ya gotta see)

+12
Arcticsun
CynthiaM
karona
uno
toybarons
loushrop
smokyriver
Schipperkesue
mirycreek
auntieevil
authenticfarm
coopslave
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I won't tell you how I did it as I feel like an idiot, but I will tell you it HURTS! You can't see how swollen it is in the picture, but if I smile my eye closes.

It is getting some interesting colours, I bet it will be really black tomorrow! Rolling Eyes

I think I need to make up an interesing story like a bar brawl or something. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by coopslave on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

You should say you saved a baby from oncoming traffic, or something equally heroic.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

A little more color and a matching shade on the other eye, and you may start a new trend.
Looks ouchy.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

That looks like it really hurt, you must have been rolling on the ground in pain after it happened.
I once had a baseball injury look something like that and I can tell you I was rolling around, sure I had lost my eye!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

As Coopslave was trudging towards the coops, little did she know her chooks were lying in wait! Those devious Javas had planned the whole thing. The hens were to rush under her feet as she stepped into the coop, effectively tripping her. As she fell forward, Coopslave would try to break her fall by reaching forward with her arms and in the process the grain in her pail would pour on the ground. Immediately the birds would rush forward, trampling her to get the food she so carelessly dropped.

Coopslave neared the strangely quiet coop. She was immediately on the alert. The coop was unusually silent! As her arm moved towards the door her thoughts went back to the previous week. She knew these chickens well. They had plotted and planned in the past and she was aware of their trickster ways. So instead of stepping carelessly through the door she cautiously peered in. Not a chook was visible. They were all biding their time and waiting behind the barn door. Wisely she remained outside. The chickens, knowing the jig was up, rushed the door en masse. Coopslave turned away quickly to avoid the flurry of fluttering feathers. At that point her balance was lost and she fell forward, outside the coop, face first on to the ax handle she kept conveniently outside the coop door. Her eye bruised, her body battered, she lay amongst the scattered corn, chickens happily pecking around her, and she thought yet again about the wisdom of getting rid of the chickens and perhaps going into ducks.

Meanwhile, just down the road, the ducks were huddled by Cynthia's door, listening to the sounds of her feet approaching and discussing THEIR plan.

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rofl at Sue!! I can just picture it happening as in your story!!

Looks very ouchy!! Hope it feels better soon.

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:That looks like it really hurt, you must have been rolling on the ground in pain after it happened.
I once had a baseball injury look something like that and I can tell you I was rolling around, sure I had lost my eye!

It is sore, but the impact was above my eye, right at the end of my eyebrow so not as much pain as a direct eye hit. I can tell you I was knocked right out and I don't know for how long as I was home by myself. Bridge of my nose is a bit sore too. Headachey and a bit nauseous today so I will take it slow for the rest of the day.

I do like Sue's story but I think that would be just as weird to non poultry people as the actual real story.

I should add a disclaimer that no alcohol was involved in this incident! Laughing

Authentic, I like the idea of a heroic story! AuntieE, I think the colours are pretty and often wear the plum shades of eye shadow anyways.

I will have to update as the colour is slowly traveling around and down. I think it may be quite spectacular when done. Very Happy

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That looks really sore. Take care!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Sue. *ha ha ha* I would tell that story to non poultry people. Just to see the look on their faces. Priceless.

The eye reminds me of my mom. She had a shinner like that once when I was a kid. It was Christmas time. She was spying through a keyhole when someone opened the door. At least she was in festive colors Razz

So sorry Coopslave.
I too had a black eye recently. I was carrying wood in during the first heavy snowfall and tripped on a piece that was under the snow, throwing the whole armload of wood directly into my face. I immediately could not feel my nose due to numbness and suddenly, there were 5 dogs surrounding me and trying to lick my better.

That made me find the resolve to get up. I thought about what else those tongues licked that day and up I got, quite dizzy and disoriented and blood everywhere (noses do bleed!). I am pretty sure the bridge of my nose sustained a crack. My eyes were both swollen but only the right turned black and blue and it has taken just over 7 weeks for the last of the bruising to disappear, though the nose is still slightly swollen.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and I am sure you won't do that again very soon!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh this is perfect! I'll black out a front tooth, you with your black eye. Together we'll stagger into a tatoo parlour and get 'er done!

I'm still thinking about this. And thinking of putting it in a spot that is ALWAYS visible. Because I am old enough to be that foolish and I got NO ONE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO! So bite me!

What do you think there, Rocky, you in for some bad girl fun? You look like you are. Or like you already had some!

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If you were knocked out and are now nauseous
and have a headace you may have a concusion.
I agree take it easy and pay attention to your
symptoms.

I also had a lovely shinner a few years ago.
Two weeks before our sons wedding in Kelowna
I was trimming goat feet. This happened so fast
I do not now how but all of a sudden my head was
plowed into the wall. I almost passed out, but I
just sat down on the milk stand that was in the
same room. When I got myself back together I
walked over to this lovely doe flipped her over
and finished her feet then I proceeded to do the
same to the rest no more fooling around.
Anyway I ended up with a hug black eye.
Then a few days later the youngest son ask for
my help on his raised pick up. I had to hold
and pull down on a pry bar going behind front bumper
to something under neath. Ok this truck is tall and
I am short. And yes the pry bar slipped and my other
eye hit the bumper. At which point I said some rather
nasty words and went into the house and yes I ended up
with two black eyes.
Luck they went away before the wedding.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Phew, well at least you are OK. I always worry about people falling and being knocked out and no one around to know. Glad that you came out of whatever you did OK. Take care of yourself, you have a nasty bump. Sue, your story was intriguing and very smart!! Have a wonderful and safe day, CynthiaM.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you for your concern everyone. I feel much better today.

Uno, you make me laugh. I can just imagine the two of us, after a bit of libation of course. I will have to say though, with the update on the eye, I don't think just blacking out a tooth will be enough. Start to have give serious thought about which one will go, no halfways here!!!! Laughing

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, CS, are you going to tease and taunt us with hints, or will you tell us what actually happened? I am warning you, I may have to make up another story!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Go ahead and make up another story Sue, because you will NEVER hear the truth from me!!! Laughing

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, we will never guess.
Well as Schip's scinario seems to be the most plausable...

I will go with...

You were trying to figure out where the hens were hiding all their eggs. You had heard the whispered clucks and felt the sideways glances, could it really be that they were ... organized? Laying awake in be one night the answer came to you. You would drill a peep hole in the side of the Java coop and spy, unseen, on what was really going on. The next day you proceeded to drill a hole in the side of the coop. You pulled up a lawnchair to the hole. Sitting down, a thermos of coffee ready at your side for the long haul, you leaned forward to peer through the peep hole.....

It turns out, not only were they organized, but they were ready for you too.....

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

"Are you ready?" Coopslave asked as Uno answered her door.
"Ready as I'll ever be!" responded Uno, a 26er of Tequila dangling from her right hand.
As the two friends staggered out to Uno's ramshackle, thirty year old domestic model truck, Coopslave noted the wire and baling twine holding the contraption together. A brief thought ran through her mind. Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea. It had seemed like it would be a good time as they discussed it over the phone the previous evening, but now she had arrived at Uno's place, second thoughts were creeping into her mind.

Coopslave grabbed the keys from Uno and bumped her over into the passenger seat. "You're riding shotgun." she grumbled unnecessarily, making note of the image stamped into the greasy worn leather key fob she now held in her hand. Within a heart were the letters, LCRT.

Soon the two were bouncing uncomfortably down the rutted dirt road towards town. The old truck's shocks bottoming out on every hole. Coopslave glanced over at Uno. "Are you sure you haven't changed you mind?" she queried.

"Of course not!" Uno snapped, "I have been thinking about this a long time and I am not going to change my mind now!"

Coopslave shrugged inwardly and continued the punishing drive in the ancient truck that clearly should have been shot and laid to rest at least a decade ago.

As they entered town and drove to the other side of the tracks a dilapidated building came into view. The sign on the business was a single word. "Tattoo's" it read. Coopslave snorted with laughter at the unnecessary apostrophe as she walked beneath it and through the door, Uno stumbling along behind her.

The proprietor looked up as they entered. A myriad of colorful tattoos covered his arms. "What can I do for you ladies?" he asked. "She wants a tattoo." Coopslave answered.

Uno stepped forward and held out a smudgy, wrinkled piece of paper. The artist examined it carefully. "I can do that." he said. Uno fell into the cracked Naugahyde chair and led out her right arm. "Here!" she pointed in the general area of her right shoulder. The artist went to work, Uno gritting her teeth at the enormous pain she felt despite consuming two bottles of tequila in the past 8 hours and Coopslave holding her hand and thinking that they both would regret this foolish decision. She was right.

Two hours later the tattoo was complete. The artist pulled Uno to her feet and held out a mirror. Coopslave examined the tattoo. On her right shoulder was a poorly rendered drawing of an unremarkable thoroughbred horse, the word 'Wrecker' emblazoned beneath the picture. Uno looked in the mirror, her eyes widened, then squinted and a snarl took over her mouth. "Why, you..." And with that she launched herself at the artist, fists flying. Without thinking, Coopslave threw herself in front of Uno, saving the helpless artist from her enormous wrath, and caught one of those fists above her left eye. As she dragged Uno out of the shop she could already feel her eye beginning to close. Uno was swearing and yelling, "Let me at him, Coopslave! Didn't you see what he did! He spelled 'Wrecker' backwards!"

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

BWAAAHAAAHAHAAAHAHAAAAA!
OMG i think I just peed myself!

That's brilliant Sue! Love the LCRT prop and the unnecessary apostrophe. You are a cruel woman.

I'm guessing CS slipped in something unsavoury and woke up cheek-to-cheek with it.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well Uno, I suppose you had better post a photo of the tatoo now that Sue has let the cat outta the bag. Rolling Eyes

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thought I would update the colour change today. It takes up a large portion of my face now! Crying or Very sad

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

SoStinkySue...there is a special place in hell for people like you. See you there, you lippy individual. I'll be the one in the mid 80s model truck.... that American made big block aimed to run over your pointed little head.

I am officially unfriending you. Where is the WCPS unfriend button? Tattoo of a horse...puhleeze! You bite Suspect

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Like!

I got a rise out of Uno! Nanny manny boo boo!

You know I only tease the ones I like, Uno!

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That is nasty! Ouch! Do take it easy as the headache and nauseated feeling sounds like you had a slight concussion. Hope it's feeling better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum