Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 pm

Iceman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This was our 9th annual, all proceeds go to the Children's hospital

2Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looking good Iceman!

One question, why didn't your pumpkin break to peices??? Flattened that car, LOL. Guess it was a pretty tough pumpkin. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Iceman

Thet are very tough, and it was the perfect size to fit in the car. Usually they do spill over somewhat but we got lucky and clean up was easy.

4Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee, hee, now that was pretty funny. Wow. I have always been amazed at these massive pumpkins that are produced for the fun of like what you have done. Wow. Seriously. How can something grow that big in one season, it rocks my socks for surely. I loved to see this must have been well over a thousand pounds I bet. What do you do with the pumpkin that clearly is left over. I wondered about that. Used for processing, eating? What? How big are the seeds from a pumpkin of that magnitude. You could make a small fortune selling seeds for keeping this dude's genetic history going. (got any you want to send to BC?) smiling that big smile. I have places where I could grow monster pumpkins Cool Thanks for the entertainment this morning, I for one was surely so. Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

5Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:02 am

I've never seen a pumpkin that big! Wow!! cyclops

6Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:22 am

Iceman

The pumpkin was 1275.5 pounds which is the new Alberta record, and it was grown in Lethbridge.
The first drop was a 568 pound Squash which was mine.

Seeds are available for free. just send me a self Addressed Bubble Envelope and I send them to you.

Because these fruit grow so fast, they are really not that good for eating, watery and stringy, BUT we have eaten them. Livestock however love them including chickens.

Our single best gain in a 24 hr period was 42 pounds (no type o's)

The 1275 was pollinated on June 23rd I believe and harvested the end of September. so 100 + days old. the average daily gain was almost 13 pounds. The big day gains are day 20 to 50

Eddy Zaychkowsky
Po Box 10298
Airdrie, Alberta
T4A 0H6

7Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Boy, you guys really enforce your no parking zones!

8Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 am

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

42 pounds in 24 hrs!! WOW! This is a wonderful thing for you guys to do! We have spent many, many hours at the Children's Hospital there. I will definitely be sending an envelope, lots of fun for next year!!! Cool Smile

9Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Empty Re: Crane plus Huge Pumpkin plus car ='s Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Iceman, well holy cadoodalhoppers, that is one fast growing monster. I will be sending you an envelop for surely, only when you will find the time, no hurry. Amazing!! Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum