Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Thankgiving (Pictures)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have many reasons to be thankful this year. I have a wonderful family that mostly will be home on Sunday- 2 must work.

We had a good year on the farm here and here are some samples.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Re: Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:43 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, you gonna have a larder full o' that good ol' food and that good ol' wine, I was particularly interested in the bottles with the corks, smiling. To me, there is nothing more wonderful than a pantry full of food, along with the freezer too. But the pantry to me is the best of the best. This is where, no matter the temperature, unless it freezes or boils, that food can remain suspended in time, ready for the human consumption. If the drinking water ever becomes contaminated, you can drink wine too, smiling. Ya, loved the picture of the corn and the critters, but food hits it for me, as I think of all the work that goes into making those yummies for our bellies in the times to come. Nice. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Re: Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:35 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm hoping some more members will add their pictures.

4Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Re: Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:52 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hee, hee, you asked for it, smiling. I am going to go into the larder soon (that is a room on the back of our Daughter's home, where they store all their winter garb, the water softening machine, the hot water tank, a desk for computer stuff if you want to do computer stuff, all alone, smiling. Ya, it stretches the entire length of their home and about 15 feet wide. It has EVERYTHING in it. Even the bags of canna lily bulbs that we been a'diggin' out the past couple of days. And shelves to the ceiling filled full of who knows what, but they are full. I think we have hoarding issues here Razz . I'll get some pictures of my pantry, that really isn't mine, in a couple of days. Ya, good stuff. Good post, Rosewood. Still trying to figure out what to do with those freakin' massive banana squash (Uno a hunk the size of Mars is coming your way Very Happy ). You mentioned using a sawsal Shocked or an axe Cool . Have a most awesome day, CynthiaM.

5Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Re: Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great pictures! I am motivated more for next year just didn't get my act together this year. I am going to plant more beets next year! Whatever grows great I am going to learn how to preserve.
I look forward to other photos of food for winter. Very Happy

6Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Empty Re: Happy Thankgiving (Pictures) Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Grandma, DIL and Gkids decided our door needed some holiday guards. They all spent most of yesterday laughing and caring on by our door, but at the end of the day it really is family that I'm thankful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum