Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BE WARY! She says she is from this site!

+13
Nom_de_Plume
Fowler
Cathyjk
SerJay
heda gobbler
loushrop
coopslave
cbrookkelly
Rasilon
Hidden River
viczoe
Susan
Schipperkesue
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BE WARY!  She says she is from this site! Empty BE WARY! She says she is from this site! Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I got an email today from Tina123 who mentions this site and says she wants to be my friend.

I will erase it ASAP but will forward it to you, Jaime, if you want to have a look at it.

Tina 123 is NOT one of our members here.

Here it is:

TINA123 sent you a message on Western Canada Poultry Swap

--------------------
Subject: HELLO

(tinaamsalu0001@yahoo.com)

Hi, Dear My name is miss Tina, l saw your profile today @ (http://poultryswap.webs.com),doing my search in Google, and after going through it then l made up my mind to contact you as my friend. so l want you to write back to me through my email address (tinaamsalu0001@yahoo.com) so that l will give you my picture and for you to know more about me. I hope to see your mail soon.

"Remember that Age,region,distance or color does not matter when it comes to true friendship"

Cares Tina.

(tinaamsalu0001@yahoo.com)

--------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got that too ( I think). My email said I had a PM on here and yet there wasn't one (?).

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got the same thing says a private message but at the bottom was that message. I immed. added it to my blocked contacts list.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

A few others got this email as well I will look into it.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I cannot find this member so obviously they were a member long enough to do this then must have deleted their account.
I will be doing a post for any members that have not ever posted to do at least one post so I know they are active or their accounts will be deleted.

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I wonder how people do that without being members.

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I got it too.....deleted right away.

Could it be that all those who received this email clicked on an exterior link which embedded cookies?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm.....feeling a little left out that I didn't get the new 'girlfriend' too......

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Fat Ewe wrote:Could it be that all those who received this email clicked on an exterior link which embedded cookies?

That is what I was wondering, still doesnt make sense how someone could PM if they are not a member.

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got the email from miss Tina as well. It was very strange? lou

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a bore! I didn't get one but I don't want to see her photo much less have her cares.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:Hmmm.....feeling a little left out that I didn't get the new 'girlfriend' too......

You musn't be part of the popular clique, Coopie. Only us 'in kids' got it.

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I got it this afternoon as well and deleted it

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What is strange is my email from Tina123 came to an email account i dont use on this forum . On this forum i use my gmail account but the email came to m business account (provider is fastmail). Really weird

Jayme, I think the membership list still exists on the first Western Poultry Swap you created on webs.com maybe??

IF you look at the header information on the email it came from a site called

poultryswap.webs.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Cathyjk on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks like I didn't get it either.

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

I didn't get one, but that must be why there is going to be the big site/membership clean up?

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I didn't get it either. I usually don't get the many bad emails most
people get. Someone told me to prevent them go to your address book and
make an entry of all zeros. It will be first in the list and will
prevent any whatever they are from getting to your email adress in the
book. make sense hope so I just got homefrom work and have been
up since 11 am yesterday morning.
Geri

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Had a look and it looks like my preference settings prevent people from emailing me.

I recently set up a dummy email account to use for my Facebook, maybe I should use it for forums as well.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

CathyJK pointed out to me it is the "old" site that they are emailing from, makes sense. That site wont let me delete it so I am deleting everyone from the site so people cannot go there and get your addresses. Let me know if anyone else gets any of these emails again and I will look into it further.
I will still do the site clean up here to keep our membership count current.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden River wrote:CathyJK pointed out to me it is the "old" site that they are emailing from, makes sense. That site wont let me delete it so I am deleting everyone from the site so people cannot go there and get your addresses. Let me know if anyone else gets any of these emails again and I will look into it further.
I will still do the site clean up here to keep our membership count current.

Thanks for all your work on this, Hidden. We appreciate all the extra work you are doing to keep us safe!

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

These things happen regularly with forums. I'm surprised this is the first, but, perhaps certain domain's are hit harder by spam bots than others.

Last edited by Hillbilly on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler wrote:Had a look and it looks like my preference settings prevent people from emailing me.

I recently set up a dummy email account to use for my Facebook, maybe I should use it for forums as well.

Its always wise to set up "junk" email addresses for anything used publicly. Forums, Facebook, sites needing you to enter an email address. If you ever encounter problems, you just start up a new email account, switch everything over, and delete the old with no harm done to your personal contacts.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote:
Fowler wrote:Had a look and it looks like my preference settings prevent people from emailing me.

Its always wise to set up "junk" email addresses for anything used publicly. Forums, Facebook, sites needing you to enter an email address. If you ever encounter problems, you just start up a new email account, switch everything over, and delete the old with no harm done to your personal contacts.

Precisely!

Mind you, I only got wise recently but I continue to be a work in progress.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I still haven't graduated from being a smartass to being wise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum