Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

having trouble with this site

+5
Fowler
Schipperkesue
islandgal99
rosewood
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1having trouble with this site Empty having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

When I try to post it kicks me off and I have to relog in again. I usually just come on and go to 'view posts since last visit' and when I get kicked off and have to relog in all of those disappear......sigh. Can anyone help me with this? I haven't ever had this trouble before.

2having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:18 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've had this problem over the lasrt few months and have posted several times abouit it with no response or improvement. When I want to post something I have found if I open another forum page I can then post without being kicked off.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, that is the same as me Rosewood. Wonder why it has changed in the last week?
Very annoying to say the least.......I will try the opening another page, but I can say that posting has become a pain.

4having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I updated to Microsoft's prerelease Internet Explorer 10 and had issues with other websites as well. I've reinstalled IE 9 but still have the posting problem with this forum.

5having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 am

I use firefox and (rarely) Chrome without issue. Sorry Ican't help, haven't had this problem.

6having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:35 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am using chrome and have had to log in repeatedly over the past couple of weeks. Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

7having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You may want to contact Jonny directly about this.

8having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:10 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use Firefox. I occasionally find myself logged out but I haven't been kicked off while posting.

9having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ditto.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

10having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:53 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I use chrome and I've been fine ...

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

11having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The problem predates Jonny's position with the forum. I have Chrome and Firefox in addition to IE, but I doubt if the problem is related to any of the browsers.

12having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:42 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:The problem predates Jonny's position with the forum.  I have Chrome and Firefox in addition to IE, but I doubt if the problem is related to any of the browsers.

Funny that I am just only having problems now.  We have just up graded our satellite internet, wonder if that is the issue.

13having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know Jonny has been busy and not feeling well today so give him a couple days to help you out, maybe PM him so he sees the issue.
I have had a couple problems on my phone but nothing on my PC. I think some of it might be the speed of your internet at times, I know when I had xplornet I had all sorts of problems with forums.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

14having trouble with this site Empty Re: having trouble with this site Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

If you are experiencing issues with WCPS, please feel free to contact myself either by message or by email.
I get notifications when I get new messages, or email.

I have read the above issues and apologize for my oversight.

If you are having issues staying logged into the forum, it could be a number of things, but is most likely something to do with your browser settings not the type of browser you use.

When you log on to the site, click the remember me feature, it's handy and helpful.

One thing I like to remind people to do is to clear your "Cookies". There is a small link at the bottom right corner of the wcps homepage that says delete forum cookies. NOW before you go and do this, I recommend only doing it after you have read your threads for the day, and are about to log off. Otherwise you will find that any new threads that have not be read will be marked as so.

Also you only need to do this once a year really, in my opinion.

to learn more about cookies, and not the kind you eat, check out this link.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum