Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incredible corn for chickens!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Incredible corn for chickens! Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just bought a sack of CUT corn produced by a company called Watermill. Spruce grove feed sells it.

I was all prepared to sift the powder and dust out of the bag, but no need. This stuff was not crushed, as the label said it was cut. Each chunk had sharp geometric edges and I am sure there was not a gram of dust in the whole sack!

If you want to feed corn, try to find this stuff, it is great!

2Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow. Now only to find it...the pigs would love it!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Keibler77

Keibler77

Sue would you be so kind as to check the bag for an address or information about this Watermill company? I'm in Saskatchewan and don't even know where to start looking for this corn. Googled Watermill and of course just got hits on tons of information regarding the history of water mills! Ha! Thanks tons! Smile

4Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will have a look. The sack is still in the truck. If I can't find any info I think I will call the feed store.

5Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:48 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Watermill Clean Cut Corn

Item # 3817901

Manufactured for TruServ Canada
1 Chandaria Place, Kitchener, Ont. N2C 2S3

Manufactured at Linwood Ontario

6Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Keibler77 wrote:Sue would you be so kind as to check the bag for an address or information about this Watermill company? I'm in Saskatchewan and don't even know where to start looking for this corn. Googled Watermill and of course just got hits on tons of information regarding the history of water mills! Ha! Thanks tons! Smile

Are you near Yorkton? These guys may have it:

The House (Northeastern Seed Co. Ltd.) YORKTON, SK 100 Livingstone Street
S3N 0R1 1 306 783 6518 or fax: 1 306 783 6519

7Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Keibler77

Keibler77

I'm actually quite far from Yorkton--I'm between Regina & Saskatoon--however, I may be able to track it down a little closer. If all else fails, the feed store I frequent the most may be willing to bring some in for me. Worth a shot to at least see if I can get my hands on some. Thanks Sue!! Very Happy Very Happy

8Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:16 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

9Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can order it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fourth item down.

10Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:31 am

foal0069

Just wanted to say Thank You , it seems our co-op just down the road that should carry it.

11Incredible corn for chickens! Empty Re: Incredible corn for chickens! Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you have a Tru Hardware store near you, they are able to order it in. Just checked with the Tru in Breton. They can get it for me at $15 a bag.

Here is a link to a map of Tru stores across Canada:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum