Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

can my chickens eat this

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1can my chickens eat this Empty can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 am

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I bought 2 bags of sweet feed for horses, same as 62-30-10 but
its called sweet feed, for my daughters horse well they have
gotten rid of it . Can my chickens eat it if I mix it in their feed?
Thanks Geri

2can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:40 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't see why not. Chickens eat an amazingly diverse number of things. Once I got a bunch of old granola from a bulk store. They ate everything except the Smarties. For some reason, chickens do not eat Smarties. At least mine didn't. If they don't like your feed, they will simply not eat it.

Oh, mine will also NOT eat beet pulp.

3can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:11 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine eat it
Not as their main food but I still feed it to them of course that is while they are free ranging

4can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:29 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Would chickens eat greek yogurt? I made some last night and it made A LOT of yogurt which is fine for the first run (my family tends to go nuts about a new homemade thing and then it tapers off) but if I have any left I was going to freeze it into cubes for smoothies and was wondering if I could give them to chicks?

5can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oops! Double post!

Last edited by silkiebantam on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

6can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:47 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My chickens went nuts for yogurt. Bet yours would love it too. Probiotics would probably be good for them.

I tried to feed my chickens beet greens. Most of them wouldn't eat it. Those that did left beautiful pink poo decorating the chicken run. It was so lovely. Razz

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

7can my chickens eat this Empty Re: can my chickens eat this Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I guess I asked the wrong question. If they ate would anything in the feed hurt them? They may not eat it. It smells great

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum