Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canning Day Adventure

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Canning Day Adventure Empty Canning Day Adventure Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Apart from the first day of school for the youngers here, yesterday was a day to can 3 cases of peaches and pick a lot of corn. As my wife and DIL were busy canning peaches our granddaugther suddenly announced that the pigs were out The fun began with DIL and grandson attempting to herd one pig back and my wife and I the other. The two other grandchilldren became go for this and that people. Pig number one toured through the pasture to the east of the houses and then headed for the neighbours. DIL managed to keep in from going through the fence and between them they got a rope around the pig's middle. They towed him back to the pen. The wife and I got a rope around the second pig's neck, but this caused some choking terror. Eventually the rope slipped off and a chase began. The first crew had the first pig back in the pen and came to help with the second. We had put away the other three pigs in the shelter so they weren't a problem, but keeping the first pig in the pen while putting in the second was a bit of a game. After an hour or so all were back where they belonged. The corn was very good and pigs and cows had a treat of the corn stems and leaves.

2Canning Day Adventure Empty Re: Canning Day Adventure Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think someone needs to write a song about this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum