Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pricing crafts

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pricing crafts Empty Pricing crafts Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know there are crafters here. I am not exactly a crafter. I am a quilter and I certainly cannot mass produce them. I don't sell them.

I have been making baskets in preparation for an upcoming Christmas craft sale. But I have no clue how to go about pricing them! I don't want to price myself out of a market. Nor do I want to take a loss. As any crafter knows, your materials cost more than the non-crafter realizes. Then there's wanting some compensation for my time, you know, a wee small profit for the incredible amount of HOURS these baskets (or any craft!) takes.

Any guidance from people who have done this before would be appreciated.

2Pricing crafts Empty Re: Pricing crafts Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 am

missiekaren

missiekaren
New Here

There are so many ways to price them, Take the amount of money for the materials that you used and triple it that is what most of the ladies around here do for their crafting, I use the thirty percent markup on my bears.

3Pricing crafts Empty Re: Pricing crafts Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:07 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

MissieKaren, I would love to see pics of your bears. I think I have in the past, but wouldn't mind again.

Do you craft and sell all year round, or do you save your selling for certain times of the year, like before Christmas?

4Pricing crafts Empty Re: Pricing crafts Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 am

missiekaren

missiekaren
New Here

I will post some pics later, I sellall year round but Christmas and Easter are the best times. I do a few online shows as well as have them in a local gift shop In the summer months. I don't make enough to do full time but it is so much fun to make them. It has become my main hobby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum