Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crackdown, an Urban initiative

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 am

Found this... Thought people may be interested in supporting.

Maybe not.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sweetened on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I don't know what happened to my typing skills there, so I fixed it.)

2Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:41 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cute! What does he plan to do with the donations?

Ah, read a little more...to help pay for the short.

3Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah, they had a preview for the documentary. I read on well preserved that it could be up to an hour long if he got enough donations.

4Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

Sultan

Sultan

ya, i support this. Its a joke there is ferl cats peeing every where and dogs barking none stop and attacking people. But you cant keep few chickens, it blows my mind confused confused confused

5Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 am

I think it's a good cause; it could spread cross country quickly if it can get off the ground.

6Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 am

Sultan

Sultan

ya, hopefully they will lift that pointless law

7Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sultan wrote:ya, i support this. Its a joke there is ferl cats peeing every where and dogs barking none stop and attacking people. But you cant keep few chickens, it blows my mind confused confused confused

Yes, isn't it funny that people are so upset about chickens and not cats. My pregnant sis in law could not work in her own garden for fear of toxoplasmosis. How come no one is speaking out about that?

8Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

Because cats aren't demonized for salmonella Very Happy

They're quieter too, considering. I hear the cats fighting at night, not the birds.

I can see things like no roosters, but be reasonable!

9Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

10Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:19 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

fantastic! I bet he does a great job!

11Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:35 am

HigginsRAT wrote:

You do know this really roars in the face of the monopolies ideals of owning ALL our sources for food--food IS power--no one should have a garden, orchard, clean drinking water, and heaven forbid, protein sources that enrichen your life, give you purpose, knowledge (especially about what REAL HAPPY TASTY food is and where it comes from) and meaning to our humanness, plus present you with composting opportunities to make sustainable plant growth...the circle of life and realness.

Ive been thinking about this for a long while and I really do suspect that we as human beings are being re-packaged from the inside out. By that I mean no one knows the effect modern foods will have on our bodies in the long term, this is a selective pressure we know nothing about and could change our path of evolution. Why would you condition a creature to thrive on fast growing low quality food, tolerate high levels of chemical contamination, accept recycled water from body fluids and composted garden soil from our own excrement. The trend is towards thinner people consuming less resources, doing less work and being able to process more information. I believe this all adds up to something but what?

Well, I dont have money enough to fully participate in this society nevermind donating to unknowns, But this seems like a possible good cause so...

12Crackdown, an Urban initiative Empty Re: Crackdown, an Urban initiative Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Sultan

Sultan

they hould look at the towns that already allow people to keep chickens. They i alot in the states but not alot in canada confused

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum