Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale!

+10
Grandma Art
KathyS
chickeesmom
Sebas49
Michelle S
Hidden River
appway
Felix
Arcticsun
Schipperkesue
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:44 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't say enough positive about the sale today! Well organized, helpful volunteers, amazing numbers of visitors, friendly sellers, great prices... And a cool silent auction! What more do you need?

I sold almost all of my birds all all of the ones I really wanted to sell. I been sold a few paintings. Best of all I only brought home three plants (thanks Chickees Mom and C.razy Quail Lady), a dozen eggs (a big hug to you SpruceBurnRanch and KLR), and a lovely loaner rooster (he is amazing, NewChick!). What restraint I showed!

And to all you club members who worked so hard to prepare for and to run this buying and selling extravaganza, you rock!

2CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

You had quite the load of lovelies when youa rrived! Im glas you had a great sale. We had a few people sell out rather quickly, most people sold just about everything. We have had nothing but positive feed back from the venders, everyone super happy!

3CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Felix

Great job place was humming right from the get go,
Chey wants to thank Sue and Vivian for her new additions...

CHB should make it a weekly event..lol Very Happy

4CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:10 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad it went good
I saw some of the pics that Jon
posted on the facebook page and it sure looked like a blast

5CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We were really happy with the sale. Every seemed very busy, wonderful buyers as well. Didn't get much visiting time but got to see my Brother and that made my day Smile
We are only taking home about 10% of what we took so a great sellers sale.
Had lots of good comments on the sale.
My only complaint was no concession, we were too busy to go out for food and my poor kids were starving. But they are fed and happy now. Long trip home, should be home around 2 am. But well worth it.
Picked up a nice bank of cages from John, thanks so much for the extras on those John, and my lovely Aussie chicksN thanks to Michelle for watching them for me for 2 weeks!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Michelle S

It was a fantastic sale! I saw several newbie chicken people from this area at the sale, they were shopping to start their flocks with heritage breeds, so great job CHB! I am excited to talk to my neighbors to find out what they brought home. I brought home a bunch of GLW pullets to add to my flock- thanks so much Jayme! I also met several of you off this forum, great to finally put faces to the names Smile

7CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is great Hidden.
We had been told that the consession was going to be open. Next year we will make sure that it is open or that we have a consession truck there.

8CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:24 am

Sebas49

Sebas49

I would like to thanks our CHB group and members for a very successful sale. A special thanks to Shannon for keeping everything running smooth and the for the advertising on the internet. Also a special thanks to the rest of the CHB board for the help and extra time everyone put in. Thanks again and bigger and better next year.

Our sponsor Peavey Mart liked what they saw.

http://www.c-rducks.com

9CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was really great having Peavey Mart there with the chick starter stuff etc. It made for one stop shopping for people buying more chicks than they originally had planned on.... just sayin.... Razz

10CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

That was great that Peavy mart was there
It really helps with getting more sponsers at the future sales
sorry I did not make it But maybe by the next one I will have a portable Oxygen Unit
as the tanks are a pain and dont last long
any way it is always good to hear when something goes good
keep up the good work CHB you are doing something right

11CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It sure was a great sale, and lots of help when needed. I enjoyed visiting with old and new friends. Don't think Liz, Shannon and Kyle quit answering questions and helping people the whole day.Oh and I forgot Dwayne and Steve!!
That Liz can sure get the advertizing out, even saw her in our Ponoka paper.
Wonderful to see Bowker acres and Jean there, long ways to travel, and had a good visit with Ty.
Forgot to ask how the pot-luck went? Had to head home and cook a birthday supper for our two sons, one today and one Tues. Sorry I missed it, but hope you got to share that wonderful Namiamo Squares from Country Thyme Farm!!!!

12CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank You
Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this sale such a success! Wish I could have spent some time shopping and looking around at all the beautiful plants, birds, handicrafts and artwork...not to mention having a bit of time to visit with everyone.

The day was a whirlwind of activity from start to finish, but such a great day!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

13CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Grandma Art

Grandma Art

I agree, great sale !!!

http://www.sheltiesalberta.com

14CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:20 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great Sale and good job to all the members who put forth a great effort and made sure everyone had a postive time. Many many thanks to Liz and Mike for putting us up and the best thing was the fact that my bedroom was Silkie free. and Liz hugs to Stella!!

Wish I had been feeling more at the top of my game and able to look around more but with my joint surgery still fresh in the healing stages, betwwen standing on the concrete and one quick pass around my leg looked like it should have been on an elephant with the swelling.

Heather

Last edited by viczoe on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.triple-h.ca

15CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 pm

chickadee

chickadee

Thanks for the quick advice to make it to this sale!! It was my first one and won't be my last Smile
Thank you to everyone that makes these sales happen Smile
Thank You

Hidden River, It was a pleasure to meet you! And I love my 2 silver laced wyandottes!
Schipperkesue, did you have a table? I guess I will have to wait for the GP dog show to see if I bought something from you! lol

16CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Mel

Congratulations to everyone with CHB and all the vendors! It was awesome. Couldn't believe how busy it was and how busy everyone was working - barely got to say Hi!
Thanks to Heather and Clayton for bringing down some spectacular birds for us!
Can't believe it's over already!

17CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Empty Re: CHB at Wetaskiwin- great sale! Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

Well it was a great sale indeed. Frantic at times due to lots and lots of people who came to the sale, but all said and done it was nice to get out of the house and be a part!
Thanks to all those who help to organize this, CHB and volunteers you did another great job. This was the perfect venue, nice and cozy, not crammed, great advertising!
I already want to prebook my booth for next sale right now! Very Happy

There were tons of great items to be had, from the superb and amazing herbs from Country Time Farms.. which are amazing btw! To the vast assortment of healthy and quality birds that were at the show from all the vendors.

Overall I would say that this was a great success, I managed to meet new people and have some extra tractor / custom coop orders I got from the weekend to complete.

Which reminds me Steve... I am so sorry, I got home and noticed your Pop Door Pull String was here, I forgot to attach it! Embarassed I can mail it to you with the hard ware if you like.

All in all I was happy that I didn't have to rough a day, I did at one point go lay down in the truck as I got sick, but it only lasted for 20 mins I guess, couldn't have been too long as Kare Bare didn't complain about me leaving her all alone hehe.

Good times everyone!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum