Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Border Collie, professionally trained, 5 years old. Must Have New Home...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

The county changed the bylaws AFTER I bought my home. Unfortunately they do not allow "grandfathering". The no grandfather clause is written into the new bylaws that came into effect in 2009. I bought this place in 2007.

Because of this we now have to move the dogsled teams INDOORS. All dogs, including any LGD must be indoors from 9pm to 9am. All of this means some very difficult decisions here. One decision is that Joey, our Border Collie, will now need a home.

Joey is a very attractive beefy boy, black tan and white. Really sweet. He was professionally trained. He was owned by the people who have bulls for the Calgary Stampeed. He was not "strong" enough for working those bulls. We were asked to take him or he was going to be put down. He has lived a quiet life here for the past couple of years, we have done very little with him, we dont have anything to herd.

Joey is about 5 years old now. He is not neutered. Loves people. I will try to get some photos of him up ASAP. He is a handsom boy who winters outside nicely.

It is important that he goes as soon as possible.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

If I didn't have two dogs already I would take him. He sounds like great dog!

Hi Arctic;

I know it doesn't help, but I would also take him if our big dog wasn't aggressive towards other male dogs.

I am sorry you're having to do this. I don't appreciate when city ordinances stick their nose into people's business concerning their animals and how they must be kept. It should be a case by case basis, and if someone has a cruel situation it's one thing, however I cannot even begin to see you as having one of those. Isn't this going to be somewhat difficult on dogs, especially those who have never been indoors/aren't inside for more than a few hours?

I wish you all the best -- I'm sure he'll find a lovely home.

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

posted on the other site... call me if you think hed fit. need an outside dog that wont eat my chickens/cats/horses/calves but will chase the coyotes at night

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum