Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Vaccinate's their flocks?

+14
coopslave
Blue Hill Farm
Piet
CynthiaM
Sebas49
Schipperkesue
toybarons
Rasilon
BriarwoodPoultry
mirycreek
cbotkin
ChicoryFarm
maddyfofatty
Hidden River
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Who Vaccinate's their flocks? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Vaccinate's their flocks? Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:01 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

toybarons wrote:Worse is I nearly had that happen a few years ago when I innocently asked what does it mean if you see blood around a bird's mouth? I got a personal email from someone I didn't know who read my question, who scared the hell out of me when they said that my question could imply I had a bird with ILT and that they were doing me a favor by not reporting me. That was how I got introduced to ILT.

This makes me angry. I boggle at the logic of your 'reporter'. A. You never said you had a bird with ILT. B. Blood around the mouth can mean many things. C. Do YOU a favor by not reporting? Is anyone doing anyone a favor here, or just using scare tactics! D. If it was bad enough to mention, perhaps that person should have reported it. (Not that I would wish that on you, TB!)

You must have left that converation, very upset!

Sue

52Who Vaccinate's their flocks? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who Vaccinate's their flocks? Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
toybarons wrote:Worse is I nearly had that happen a few years ago when I innocently asked what does it mean if you see blood around a bird's mouth? I got a personal email from someone I didn't know who read my question, who scared the hell out of me when they said that my question could imply I had a bird with ILT and that they were doing me a favor by not reporting me. That was how I got introduced to ILT.

This makes me angry. I boggle at the logic of your 'reporter'. A. You never said you had a bird with ILT. B. Blood around the mouth can mean many things. C. Do YOU a favor by not reporting? Is anyone doing anyone a favor here, or just using scare tactics! D. If it was bad enough to mention, perhaps that person should have reported it. (Not that I would wish that on you, TB!)

You must have left that converation, very upset!

Sue

What it taught me was to be very careful when I post and I rarely ask for advice on any forums.
Funny thing was I actually got to meet the person who contacted me at one of the shows. I don't believe she meant any harm, but it was just the way she tried to help. It just could have been worded or done better.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum