Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a busy weekend

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What a busy weekend Empty What a busy weekend Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We made some miles and met up with some old and new friends, delivered some birds and picked up some supplies/birds.
It was nice to see some WCPS people, some I have known for a while and some I just met this weekend.
We made 8 bird stops on the way up, and 3 on the way home. We left home at 10 am on Friday and got home at 2 am on Sunday. Going to be a long day for us all, was in bed by 3 am after we did the important chores, now I have to get out there and check on everything else.

We had a nice weekend all in all. Got to stay in a hotel (at no charge since it was my hubby's company function), the kids got to swim, and the highlight of the trip was bunk beds in our room. LOL
We took some time Saturday to visit West Edmonton mall, but of course never enough time to do that. We parked at the wrong end for the amusement park and so by the time we found it the kids got 2 rides and we had to leave. But we got to watch the Sea Lion show, and went down into the undergound tunnel. My youngest loves Penguins and she got to see some down there so that made her whole weekend right there.
We got to visit family we havent seen in a while, got to see my brother and his family, and more WCPS people on the way home. Had some tours, visits, and was a nice time.
We got put behind at Bashaw when our feed was not bagged for us when we arrived, the fellow was so nice to come in on a Sunday to load us but had no fork lift (since he borrows it from a place that is not open Sundays)...Needless to say our quick side trip to get feed took over 3 hours, putting us way behind schedule. But we finally got loaded and on our way.
A great thank you to Wyandotte, for holding on to Chickeesmoms turkeys for me since we were so late and she had to get back home. I loved the tour of your place Wyandotte, and Jonny/tsamis/karebare, you are all wonderful people.
And my oldest, Amy, got her beautiful buff silkies from Heather, via Jonny's poultry courier, so thank you to both of you as well, she is just thrilled with them.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2What a busy weekend Empty Re: What a busy weekend Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Whew!
I think you pack more in a weekend than I do in a week!
And youre still gonna make it to Ty's this weekend?
Wow!
You are inspiring....but I still don't wanna be u! Baby Chick
WE need baby buff silkie pics!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

3What a busy weekend Empty Re: What a busy weekend Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes I tend to do that Miry...
Yes for sure going to Ty's, lots of pre orders but still lots more to take. And lots of people to visit! Should be fun.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4What a busy weekend Empty Re: What a busy weekend Mon May 07, 2012 1:02 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

It was nice to see you as well Hidden!!!

You have a very nice family, your husband is awesome, your daughter are both polite young ladies, myself and KareBare had a great time visiting yesterday.

I hope you like the new tractors, they were fun to put together. I am glad that I was able to house the silkies for you for the week, it was a great opportunity to experience an new breed and I have to say the family sure has fallen for them. Not sure if we will get any this year, but next year there might be a small flock, you never know.

Once again, great to see you and glad to hear you are home safe and sound.

Take care,

The Samis Family

5What a busy weekend Empty Re: What a busy weekend Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks, Jaime for the delivery if the wonderful birds from Lee. Coopslave's roo is out there right now romancing the two of them. He is in seventh heaven and so am I.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum