Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feeling pretty good right now!

+4
toybarons
Arcticsun
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

What a day, NW Alberta was warm and sunny today. We started the day with an early breakfast at the River Rock Cafe in Drayton Valley. From there we went to Hally's house (Rockadoodle if you know him) and had a look at his beautiful wild ducks and pheasants. Those Impeyans are incredible! He had a lovely Dark Cornish Roo from his brother up north for me. Then we went to the Toyota dealership to have a free recall fixed. No money paid. Sweet! They also lent us a Rav 4 to do our shopping while we waited. Leather seated luxury! The shopping was quick and successful. Always a plus in my books. We went home about noon. Plenty of time to work. I let the buck goats out to romp and let the doe and her new family into the paddock for the first time. Adorable! It took them some time and a few encouragements from momma to get the babes out of the barn but once they were out they played and romped and entertained me as I secured a place for the goslings and made them a house out of spare lumber. Another success. Doug helped me transport them out and they were ecstatic. As I was working I thought tonight was just the night for the first Margarita of the summer, so here I drink it, posting about chickens and getting up the energy to put a steak on the barbecue. What a day, I am successful, happy, shopping online and more than a little tipsy right now. I think I shall lbuy a pair of zebra pajamas and regret my purchase later.

Oh, and P.S. Doug has completed the sump pump project and a back up pump along with a back up power supply. No simple jobs for this guy. Now you wont have to listen to me complain bitterly about pumping out the basement this spring.

Yep, feeling pretty happy right now. Time to start up the Barbie.

2Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought there was a slightly buzzed smug wind blowing from the north west!

Good times, good times...

4Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:54 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

It's starts with just one animal print.
Next thing you know, you could get out of control.

Or is it a little late for that?

5Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 pm

That's pure awesome sauce! Banana

6Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

nice!

7Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

cheers

I had a day just like that today, but a little different. Even got a nice farmers tan from riding the new lawnmower cherry

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

8Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Piet, you have enough grass to mow? You are blessed down there!

I am full of fine locally grown steak and Mexican tequila and ready for bed. Hope you all have a great weekend.

9Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Actually the grass is only just coming up, but I am cutting the old tall stuff down so that everything will come up nicely together and I collect the rocks at the same time even though I launched several out the side of the mower Smile
Just drinking some Alberta Genuine Drafts tonight.

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

10Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:47 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yeeha! Good times. Spring is here!

11Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:49 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

As I got into my pajamas for bed last night I noticed I even had a bit of a farmer's tan last night. Do you think the snow is finally gone?

12Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh My Gawd, you two must stop talking like that and about IT. You will jinx us and scare IT away and it will snow or something......just stop it, stop it, stop it!

(it was 18C here yesterday......shhhhh Wink )

13Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heavy snow this morning and it is ALL YOUR FAULT!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

14Feeling pretty good right now! Empty Re: Feeling pretty good right now! Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:53 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arrrrrggggghhhhh!

So sorry, Heda!

But....looks like another lovely one here today.

I have to keep my eye on those friendly neighborhood ravens. Why do they miraculously appear the moment I put a baby animal outside? I am torn. I love them so much but I know they are just looking for a way in. I

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum