Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEED BACK regarding possible new sale WANTED!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dooversue

I've noticed that most sales are along the qe2 coridor - which makes sense as that's where majority of population is, but ...

1) Would there be any demand/support for a sale by Camrose - thinking at farm here... ie. Rosalind? So it's about 1/2 hr from major town/center...?

2) Sale could/would be entirely indoors - so do you prefer tables to rent (like Milo) or live auction (like Innisfail)??? What are advantages/disadvantages to each for you (the seller)?!?!

3) 'When' would be a good time to hold it? Would need it to NOT conflict with another sale (within a reasonable distance at least!)??? As I said - can be entirely indoors - but this space isn't "heated" indoors - but there are power outlets to plug in brooder lamps etc (within reason).

Obviously won't happen this year, but am wondering if there would be demand for & support of a poultry, rabbits etc (mostly small stuff), type sale out this way? I'm leaning towards tables as then I can keep costs down for sellers and sellers 'know' what it will cost to participate, so can hopefully set prices accordingly?

ANY & ALL feedback is MUCH appreciated!

ps. Dear Moderator(s)
If this post should be under 'upcoming events' instead of Advice Needed please feel free to move it!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is great to see all the interest, and new sales popping up all over Alberta. There is one going on right now at New Sarepta which is only a 1/2 hour from Camrose. This is the first time for that one, and it is an auction, so it will be interesting to see how that all turns out.
There may still be enough interest to host a market-style sale in Camrose. I think it is effective to piggy-back on another, larger agricultural event when possible in order to draw people.
Doing this at your own farm has the advantage of no building rental, but it would have to be easy to find, and close to a main highway. Plus you need a good sized building in case of rain. Lots of promoting/advertising would be needed. The good thing is if you give it a try, and find it doesn't go as well as hoped you aren't out a lot of money. And if you do find it is well attended...then make it an annual event! cheers

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum