Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a little dog show brag....

+9
KathyS
coopslave
chickencrazygirl
happychicks
chickeesmom
mirycreek
toybarons
Arcticsun
Schipperkesue
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, it's not chickens but I took Bryston to another show this weekend. He finished his Championship with Best of Breed and a Group 4! Now that's the way to finish in style! Along with his Group 3 placing in Camrose a few weeks back, he is currently the #1 Schipperke in Canada and #30 Group 6 dog. This will all change as more dogs do well this year, but I am enjoying the moment!

You can see Bryston (and me) here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am the smug looking one.

2Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can feel the smugness from here. Congrats!

3Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:18 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats on the win. Notice the glint in the owner's eye. Yup, she knows Very Happy

4Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arctic, this is the cow-hocked puppy I showed you just over a year ago! Today he is a little showing machine and getting better with every weekend. No more cow hocks! (But maybe I need to watch out for Vulture Hocks!)

5Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Congratulations Sue! That's great. It's hard work showing dogs - I have a friend who shows Rhodesian Ridgebacks - so your win is certainly worthy of a little smugness. Very Happy Hope you stay up in those rankings for the year! cheers

6Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:29 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh wow nice win Sue!
I had no idea they were such small dogs...those jaws in your previous avatar had me thinking they were HUGE!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

7Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congratulations Sue and Bryston, they are such a beautiful dog.

8Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congratulations!

9Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations Sue I love you P.S we have babies.. Yes your eggs have been hatching. Not bad for being in the fridge.

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

10Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well Done Sue and Bryston.

Sue, you look like you are wasting away!

11Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Really! He was a little ... ahem... questionable as a youngster. Im vry pleased that all the parts fell into the right place as he grew!

12Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratts
Wonderful accomplishment, Sue! You have every right to feel a bit smug! Very Happy

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

13Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank-you all! Coopslave, I am back to regular weight and I don't have to buy any new clothes!

Crazygirl, that's wonderful! I am so pleased! Those little eggs are pretty tough. Tell me how many you end up with!

14Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations SoSmugSue! A win well deserved although to be honest, he's a little on the small side for a Lab, and maybe a bit too fuzzy looking. But hey, I'm no dog judge, what do I know?

15Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:55 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats!

I'll admit, I thought they were a good deal bigger from the pictures too.

16Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh man, what a look on your face, now it seems you fear the dog show, amongst other things too, add that to your list, smiling that big smile. What a wonderful recognition, you have every right to have a most smug look on your face, so beautiful to see, so beautiful to hear. And I am with Mirycreek, I thought that they were a massively big dog by the size of that mouth full of dog teeth that was in your avatar. At first I thought it was just a puppy, first impression, nope, then realized that it was a full sized adult. Wow......love this breed of dog. I have always been a big dog gal, but am totally seeing things in a different way. Our puppies are teeny tiny, about 3/4 the size of the bicon mother, I like small dogs now, smiling that big smile. Well, not to say that fellow was small, but certainly not large breed, beauty. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

17Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:01 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Unfortunately Schipperkes also think they are the size of labs- with a pushier temperment.

Cynthia, I no longer fear the dog show... however, sometimes I fear the other handlers!

18Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote: you have every right to have a most smug look on your face,

Yeah, I thought it was a sort of "Suck on THAT, Arctic" look. Smile

19Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

20Just a little dog show brag.... Empty Re: Just a little dog show brag.... Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ha ha, Tara! I know the Herding group well. There are so few Australian Cattle dogs out there that I had to finish Duster from group placings. I have a lot of smug looking pictures too from back then, 10 years ago. Duster was a Red Heeler as well, not so favored as the Blue, and also had unbalanced face markings.

Non-sporting group is no different. We have to compete against the fluff too. Poodles in two varieties, Bichon Frise, Keeshonden, Chows, Lhasas, Shih Tzus, not to mention the smooth varieties that the judges love to put up... Dalmations, Bulldogs, Frenchies. Often those little black dogs get lost in the sea of hair and size.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum