Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Braggedy brag brag brag!

+6
lady leghorn
Ruffledfeathers
Hillbilly
Echo 1
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love a day when I accomplish something. Today has been such a day! Here is a list of my accomplishments! I am now officially ready for winter.

Washed and groomed three long haired dogs.
Picked a lot of poo.
Did three loads of laundry and am working on my fourth.
Cleaned the kitchen.
Cleaned the teeth of two dogs.
Completed the goose shelter.
Cleaned and moved all the chicken tractors.
Mowed the lawn.
Roofed the rabbit hutches.
Moved various cages, wire, chairs, buckets etc in for the winter.
Removed the fence from the garden so The sheep have access to the corn stalks.
Topped up the straw in the chicken shed.
Ran extension cords to all the places I need heated waterers.
Put a timed light in the layer shed.

Wow! Now I write it all down I feel exhausted!

2Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:12 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Way to get sh!t done!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Impressive!

4Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:44 pm

Yea yea ..............I mowed the lawn , so exhausted I am Cool I deserve something good after that Razz

5Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I dug potatoes and went for a ride. I'm mote exhausted reading about your day.

6Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm exhausted reading it. I love days like those good on you Very Happy 

7Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:24 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I dug potatoes too, also planted "all" my garlic....Finally. Hubby put a bunch of leaves on the garden, tons more to come....affraid 

Plus planted our raspberry plants, that should have been planted sooner. Went around the yard picking up plant pots, have to get them all

stacked and put away until spring.

Dumped a Pot full of dirt into the chicken run, We discovered it was full of black ants, so into the chicken run it went. Chickens had a "feast".

Pot had been sitting around since last year with old soil in it, guess the ants "thought" it was a good place to hide. Not so much. Smile

It was so beautiful out today, I loved sitting there taking the cloves off the garlic. Then planting.

Then went for a drive and parks and Rec, in Olds are slow getting the old plants out, thank goodness. I got a bunch of seed pods off one of the

poppy plants, they are a beautiful, short dark red. So pretty. Never even made a dent in one plant. There's tons of them there, so glad I got

some.

We dug a big hole in the garden and put a rose and the pot it's in, in the garden to cover and protect for spring. It's a Rose, Olds College

developed themselves and named. Not sure of the name?

So all around had a wonderful day. cheers 

8Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:54 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I did not much of anything yesterday. Coming down with a cold and felt miserable. Took just an easy day with only a couple of boxes unloaded. Had a nap in the afternoon. Was very slug like all day.
Still fighting a cold today, hope it doesn't linger for long. Still to much unpacking and organising to do.
Well done everyone that got a ton of stuff done. You are welcome to come to my house any day you want and work!

9Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:59 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

wow, Sue, all in a day, good on you!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

10Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yesterday we were productive.

Hub and I put up new, crappy looking duck pen. Everything on hillside, nothing level and straight, always looks crappy. Ducks don't care.

Raked up and burned junk. Cut down several scraggly trees and burned them, burned punky wood from a birch tree that had fallen over and ripped the fence down. Repaired fence too.

When pen building and burning was over, Hub and Horse Daughter's new boyfriend went for a dirtbike ride together. I read the riot act. This is NOT a testosterone competition to see if the boyfriend can trump the old man. This is a nice, leisurely ride through the beautiful fall scenery. DO NOTHING STUPID!

I knew it was going off the rails when boyfriend could not get daughter's bike started. Her bike is possessed by the devil and one must know its evil ways. She does. He does not. Hub had to start the bike for him, ego hit number one. Hub knows trails, obviously, and was ahead all the way, ego hit number 2. In an attempt to prove that he had some metal, the young man decided to pull a wheelie on devil bike, which bucked, leapt and slammed his skinny little body into the ground. BIke parts went flying, boyfriend went flying. Boyfriend is now on his way to the emergency room to have his extremely swelled up arm x-rayed, ego death is complete. A good day overall, I'd say. Twisted Evil 

11Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:16 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

LMAO Uno!! Boys are so silly.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

12Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:11 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK, took a little searching, but I found your post about Hospital Guy. Funny how things go, some people not only think they know it all, but think they are invincible and can do anything. Blah, never throw caution to the wind. Why didn't you go Uno? Oh yes, I bet you stayed home to fix something warm to eat after all came back from cold bike ride in the bush. I have a story to tell, stay tuned, it is a good and scarey funny one though, a video.....of Daughter....in a cave. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

13Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:46 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Haha! This is the first time I have read this and it is my own dang post! Thank you Cynthia for reviving it. I look forward to reading of the further adventures of Hospital Boy. Please do share, Uno. His ego-crushing adventures make my day.

14Braggedy brag brag brag! Empty Re: Braggedy brag brag brag! Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:48 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This reminds me of my mother.
When we lived in the city I called her on my
lunch one day. So far she had cut all three lawns
in two directions edged these lawns, washed the
back of her house (not small) by hand with a bucket
of soap and water up and down ladder. I do believe
she was in her late 60's at the time.
After talking to her I was tired and needed a nap.
Laughing 
But work is good keeps you healthy as long as
you don't over do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum