Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Goslings are Hatching!!!

+6
HigginsRAT
Hidden River
CynthiaM
SerJay
BriarwoodPoultry
Schipperkesue
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

SORRY TO HEAR THAT.Sorry to read that.
The best investment is a digitally controled incubator. It will adjust and that sort of thing wont happen.

27My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:47 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This morning I am blessed with one little gosling with a swollen shut eye. He will get some polysporin and I'm off to the dollar store for a mirror to keep him company!

Arctic, now that a certain person has graciously loaned me a Brinsea Octagon I can incubate and hatch in two different incubators, thus making the whole process simpler. Thank-you!

28My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear that Sue, sad when the little ones die. But nice you have one, and hopefully since you are still turning eggs you will have a friend or two for it soon.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

29My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:01 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

well that person must be truly wonderful and amazing and maybe deserving a nice cake or something. Chocolate, with cherries.

hopefully there will be more goslings soon to keep it company

30My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arcticsun wrote:well that person must be truly wonderful and amazing and maybe deserving a nice cake or something. Chocolate, with cherries.

hopefully there will be more goslings soon to keep it company

Salt of the earth, Arctic, that's all I can say, Salt of the earth!

Chocolate and cherries...hmmm.... a suitable reward.

31My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:54 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Aww so sad to lose them when you were so excited Sad I was so excited for you Very Happy I hope the little trooper pulls through for you though. I had a hatchery duckling last year with a swollen yucky eye and after a couple days of polysporin eye ointment in the morning and evening it healed up just fine and is out laying me yummy eggs now Smile I wasn't sure what was wrong with it so I'd separated it and made sure it got to the food and water (with poulvite) and in a couple days it pulled through so I'm hopeful for you I'm looking forward to hearing how many goslings you get in your next hatch

32My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

He has his eye open now and it doesn't look too bad. I will continue with the polysporin. He cheeps happily at me whenever I peer in. The nekts set are due to hatch april 4. They have the whole incubator to themselves, so when it is lockdown, I can keep the old incubator closed more easily.

33My Goslings are Hatching!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Goslings are Hatching!!! Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations Sue on your little guy. Sorry the others didn't make it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum