Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you be interested in a poultry vet talk in the Kootenays?

+2
Hidden River
harrop'shens
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Hi chicken farmers,
I have been trying to organize this since last October and I am getting closer! If you are interested, please let me know. I put it in the "General Chatting" because I am looking for feedback about the date and number of interested participants. I will put it in the Upcoming Seminars when the details are final Wink
Happy Farming!
Jen

One step closer. . .to getting the BC Poultry vet Dr. Cox and Avian Pathologist Dr. Bowes come to the Nelson area to give a talk. It is a FREE event. It would be a Friday evening (5 or 6 to 9pm) and all day Saturday event (10 - 4 I think). You get to take an amazing Poultry Health binder home too or CD if you prefer a book on disk. Free catered lunch, beverages, & snacks are included too.

Soooo, my questions are:
1. What month would best suit you - May, June, September, October?
2. Would you travel to Nelson to attend this talk?

I am trying to get an idea of month and number of people who would come so I can book an appropriate venue in Nelson.

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I wasnt so far away, I sure would come, sounds like a great seminar in the works!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

WOW! That sounds amazing. How would you finance something like this without charging admission? You must have some good sponsors lined up.
What a great learning opportunity you are offering.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Thanks for the nice comments!

This is a great opportunity for the local chicken farmers. And the best part is, I didn't find any sponsors, the BC gov did that for me Laughing This is a fully subsidized program. The binders are outstanding and written by the Speaker/Poultry vet Dr. Bill Cox. I drove a couple hours to hear Bill and Vicki speak in Grand Forks and it was well worth the trip, I thought anyways. That's why I am trying to bring it here. The anatomy of the chicken I found really interesting too! Learned all kinds of stuff - cool and gross Suspect

I just hope I can round up enough people to go ahead with it.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh dear, I do so wish that it wasn't just so far, I really do, I would go, but the distance to me is too daunting. I can't commit to something that far in advance anyways. Oh how I would have loved to go. Jen, when you travelled to Armstrong, how far was the travel? Remember, when you went to the poultry shows there? I would love to see you again. I still can't believe how far people travel. I have this on the back burner of my mind, and I will not and cannot commit, but if you get enough people to go ahead with it, who knows....time only tells tales and I might be able to try to wing it, but again, I cannot commit to anything. Gads, now I have used the word "commit" too many times, sounds like I don't know how to commit to things, smiling. You are doing something wonderful. Maybe as time goes on, who knows. I would think that you should try to pull this off before the summer holidays begin. I think once that happens, then people are more thinking about travelling and summer vacations and committing (there's that word again)to events is less likely. Good luck, it would be wonderful for surely! Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I would enjoy seeing you again too Cynthia! It took about 5 hrs to Kelowna, then another 1/2hr - 3/4hrish I think to Armstrong. You made me laugh at all the "commit " and "committing", I'm just glad you aren't getting "committed" to anywhere. However, the thought of a nice padded room with a quilted jacket and a few moments peace does sounds very appealing right now Wink Now that I think about it, I'd "commit" to being "committed" cheers

It seems like May is the first choice of people polled. Now to see if the vets are able to make it this soon!

Smiling, right back at ya!
Jen

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi hh, I replied to this yesterday and now my post is gone??? Not sure what happened or where I did inadvertently post it (oops) but I just wanted you to know that I arranged one of these talks in the fall in our area with Dr Cox and Dr Bowes and it was great. They are so easy to talk to and they have a lot of great info to share, as you already know Smile The binder/CD is very well done and I highly encourage anyone who can make it to your seminar to do so. Way to go!!

XOX Monika

duh, found my reply on ACE on your post there! Another sign of old age I'm sure!!

Last edited by Island Girl on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : old age setting in!)

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="Island Girl"
XOX Monika
duh, found my reply on ACE on your post there! Another sign of old age I'm sure!![/quote]

I am smiling, that was funnnneeee!! Yep, me got that ol' age thingabobthatdoesthejob too now and then Very Happy , beautiful days, CynthiaM.

Eeek, that would be a longer trip than going down to the coast, which is 4.5 hours from here, but hey, ya never know when a road trip just MIGHT happen

dooversue

This is a WAYS away for me, but if it's in Sept/Oct - I'd try to get there! My May/June is full and I've got a couple trips books out of town already for then, but by fall my fencing will (hopefully) be done, critters all safe & sound, and easier to leave for a few days.
There is SO MUCH to learn... I'm such a newbie and this sounds like a super informative talk, will do what I can to get there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum