Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chick Rental????

+2
uno
Rosies
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chick Rental???? Empty Chick Rental???? Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Rosies

So I got a phone call today from a lady that is wanting to rent a few chicks from me for the day for a photo shoot!!!!! She knows they need heat and everything. She raised chickens when younger but now lives in the city. If I say yes, what would a person charge her for this?? She is driving out here picking them up then bringing them back the next day.

2Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow...this is a first!

I think I would ask for a refundable deposit and make it large! If she wants 12 chicks, ask for $75 deposit CASH, $55 refundable when chicks are returned. (adjust prices as you see fit these are just guesses) My worry would be that she'd figure the chicks were worth less than the gas it would cost to get them back to you. So maybe she pays you $1 per chick and then tosses them in a dumpster or feeds them to a snake or something.

My concern would be guaranteeing the healthy and safe return of said chicks and for that, a hefty damage deposit should be requested upfront. TO keep people honest and motivated. Unless you know he and trust her...but a little cash insurance never hurts.

3Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:06 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

dont do it!!!!!! i did it last year, a young kid ended up stepping on 2 of my chicks one died right away the other they left a week later when they brought them back to me No , i had to put the poor thing down broken leg...i wont do it again , chicks are to fragile, accident happen with very young childen...bunnies would be better....just my thoughts from experiance.

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

4Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:08 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rent = Price of puchase, no refunds.

5Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:49 am

Rosies

Oh that's horrible TripleJ. She also asked if I had baby bunnies. Price for would be cost of chicks but now worried they will get hurt so maybe should just say no.

6Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:38 am

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Now let me guess ...........she only wanted yellow chicks....
I loaned a lady 2 years ago some yellow ducks , she had them for a couple of days , i gave here heat lamp every thing .....no charge all came back good, but sure gave her the do's and don't.
she asked for chick last year and I decided not to she offered a photo shoot for me , but was sure it would come to some cost to me and decided not to bother.

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

7Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 am

Rosies

Ya she wants yellow chicks lol. I said I probably wouldn't have any brand new yellow ones.

8Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:22 am

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I took my chicks to a photo shoot myself, with a flemish giant bunny last year for easter. That way I was there to supervise! I had fun, no money exchanged hands but I got some very cute photos Smile

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

9Chick Rental???? Empty Re: Chick Rental???? Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 am

Rosies

That might be a good idea too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum