Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

full moon eggs

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1full moon eggs Empty full moon eggs Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 pm

birish

Was wondering if anybody else saw the number of eggs increase with the full moon.We have 11 white Chantys. plus 4 Buff.Orps and had been getting about 6 eggs every day yesterday we got 13,today we got 4,never noticed this before but something weird happened

2full moon eggs Empty Re: full moon eggs Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 pm

I didn't associate the two, but we had 6 eggs today, usually get 3 and this is only our second time getting 6

3full moon eggs Empty Re: full moon eggs Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:40 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I dunno, but heard it was a good time to set eggs, with the full moon...so gotta have eggs to set!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4full moon eggs Empty Re: full moon eggs Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hadn't thought of that, had a ton of eggs last night too. Interesting.

5full moon eggs Empty Re: full moon eggs Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Sushi

Only got one egg today out of 5 hens. Sad

6full moon eggs Empty Re: full moon eggs Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh I honestly believe there could be some credibility to this. The moon affects many, many things, lunatics....ever seen how weird people can be during full moon, anyone in retail can tell you about that, they weren't called lunatics for no reason at all, smiling.

Yesterday I had 6 buckeye eggs, only had been getting four. The cochins were unaffected, only one egg, smiling. They still have been rather lazy and haven't finished their winter break yet. The buff orpingtons, four eggs, one that is broody big time, so that meant 4 of 7 had laid, the broody of course is not laying now and won't for a fair long time. Up to yesterday, only had been getting 2 a day. Ya, think there might be something to this, but what about the cochins? Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum