Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Empty Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I got a small whole rabbit from a friend and need an easy fool proof "Rabbit cooking for Dummies" recipe! Very Happy

2Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Empty Re: Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Amy wrote:I got a small whole rabbit from a friend and need an easy fool proof "Rabbit cooking for Dummies" recipe! Very Happy

HI , I cook rabbit this way...
Put whole rabbit in roaster add a bit of water and put in oven. Cook at 350 until you can smell the heavenly scent, about an hour . Meat falls off the bones. You can add onion near the end and seasoning.. Made me hungry. I am not one for seasoning I like to taste the meat.
Geri

3Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Empty Re: Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

I'm not Sue but perhaps I will do? Razz

I cook bake my bunny whole as well with little seasoning, but then once it is done I pull the meat off and make butter chicken - only using rabbit instead. I dont make butter chicken the way most do though, I just make the sauce and add shredded meat and serve on rice Smile

4Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Empty Re: Sue, I need an easy rabbit recipe! Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rabbit Woodliffe

Cut the rabbit in pieces, dust with flour, salt and pepper.

Brown each piece in a deep pan with little oil.

When each piece is browned, pour in enough broth to cover the rabbit, along with a cup of wine, a healthy squirt of dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of soya sauce and a couple tablespoons of tarragon. You can also throw in a couple handfuls of dried mushrooms. I like Shiitake.

Simmer, covered, for an hour to an hour and a half on the stove top until the rabbit is tender.

Remove the rabbit, and mix a little corn starch with water and add it to the liquid to make gravy.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

Delish!

Sue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum