Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Technology nowadays is too easy!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Technology nowadays is too easy!! Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Watching a few eggs hatch in our basement and I decided to use my Iphone to video this one who just finished zipping, ready for the big birthing part. Then after it hatched, I hit on the phone screen "publish to youtube" and 2 minutes later it was on there!!! How simple is that? Also, I am amazed by the clarity of picture from this little phone toy. I am just not looking forward to the phone bill What a Face Here is the shot:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

2Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:36 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Geez it looks like hard work, doesn't it?

Cool video!

3Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Okay that was flippen amazing, I have seen many chicks hatch, but you caught it so wonderful. That is alot of hard work, and then rest baby, rest!!

4Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks for sharing that Piet. I hope your phone bill isn't too astronomical! Shocked I can never get enough of watching chicks break out of their shell.

5Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh my, first time ever seeing that! How delightful, thanks for sharing.

6Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:23 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Golly, that was wonderful. Loved seeing the steam come off it once out. So dear.

BTW Piet - off topic - what temperature approximately is your basement at when you're hatching chicks. I've heard to hatch in a room at 70-75 degrees right down to a cool setting less than that. I've been thinking about hatching in my basement where I don't smell my living room up with the scent of 'au de chick hatchery'.

7Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

ChicoryFarm wrote:

BTW Piet - off topic - what temperature approximately is your basement at when you're hatching chicks. I've heard to hatch in a room at 70-75 degrees right down to a cool setting less than that. I've been thinking about hatching in my basement where I don't smell my living room up with the scent of 'au de chick hatchery'.

Just put a themometer out in the room and let it sit for a while. It's a cool 68 degrees F right now in the basement (20 Celcius) and I also have the blinds shut all the time, so no sunlight or any other bullshit can hit the eggs clown . As long as the temp is steady is all I worry about. I have a nice thermometer/hygrometer that I trust and look at all the time, no guessing that way. I just use a hovacremator and just ordered another one that supossedly comes with digital temp and humidity which would be sweet. I don't really hatch enough to go with a Brinsea 190, but it is CERTAINLY on my wishlist!

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

8Technology nowadays is too easy!!  Empty Re: Technology nowadays is too easy!! Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:44 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's great. Good to know. My basement is much cooler but do have a plug in oil heater I could put in there to take the edge off. I just hatched in my new Hovabator (I assume that's what you meant) and had a really good hatch, however the digital readout window collected so much condensation, I couldn't read temp nor humidity while chicks were hatching. I have to put a call in to them to figure out how to correct that. No other condensation developed on the lid....just in the little digital window.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum