Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANYONE available to foster a Tibetan Mastiff for a few months??

+2
Rasilon
Cathyjk
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The breeder of our TMs has come upon just one crappy piece of life after another. Right now she is unable to keep her dogs.

If we could get some folks to foster a dog for a few months, it would give Sue some time to get another place, put stuff together and then get the dogs back. There are 10 dogs to foster.

If you think you can foster a big dog (we have two of the year-old girls and they ahve been just lovely--no aggression to the other dogs, none to the cats, poultry or most anything). They have loads of energy.

Send me a PM or email if you think you might be interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To find out more about TMs go here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The girls we have don't have typical TM personality--really they are love sponges, no reason to think the other dogs aren't too.

Cathy

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I saw Susans post on the canadian dog show list . I am sure she will get some help.
Geri

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well so far nothing. And she is having to move in 9 days; my understanding is if she can't foster the dogs by then, they will be put down.

Here's hoping a few folks are able to foster. I know it's a huge job.
thanks for letting me know it is also posted there!

Cathy

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What all does this entail? Is Sask too far away? Email me with some details, as I'd help if I could.

abpride

She would rather put the dogs down than hand them to rescue?
im a bit lost here?
was there a other post on this?

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The rescue group in Ontario (which is where she is from) isn't able to find foster homes or aren't looking - I don't know which. We have one of her dogs from like 6 years ago. Plus my sister is the Tibetan Rescue for British Columbia. This women is in Ontario, not the easiest trying to get big dogs out this way and you still have to find a place for them. We have two of her dogs; that makes 13 dogs on our property. We just don't have room for more of them.

No, she doesn't want to put them down, I suppose they could go to the animal shelter. That is what she told my sister, they would have to be put down if she couldn't find places--maybe that was desperation and not thinking clearly.

And yes, I had another post looking for people who wanted one of the dogs, like to keep, not to foster.

Cathy

abpride

ok,Ont is a bit far for me to figure thengs out for them Sad
BC was going to be hard enough.
I know no groups out there ......sorry

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks for thinking about it!

Trying to get better details this evening so we have a clearer notion of what the heck is really up.

We went to a boarding kennel sort of near us because we have rarely seen dogs AT the kennel thinking maybe if they didn't have much business right now, we might be able to swing a deal for a month anyway...you know go over in the morning and in the evening and do the work, just sort of 'rent' the space. They haven't gotten back to us, but I can't see it being affordable no matter how we cut it.

we also thought that perhaps my husband could fly out to Ontario (airmiles!) and rent one of thos UHAUL van things and drivE the dogs back, well as many as we could, if we can find places.

I thought too we could punt the chickens out of their area and divide it up into kennel space. there is a shop radiant heater in there, cement floors and the whole room is about 15 ft by 40 feet.

Anyway, we appreciate any suggestions. And truly, I know how big a commitment it is and this is all so rushed.

abpride

ok, well if you can get them West,I could help
Can take some here,organise some to get into rescue,that kind of stuff.
I have a ton of room here,,,but only so many pens/yards over 4 feet in hight.
If they went over they would tangle with my guardian dogs and dont think it would be a pretty sight.

BUT we could find places for them .

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

abpride wrote:ok, well if you can get them West,I could help
Can take some here,organise some to get into rescue,that kind of stuff.
I have a ton of room here,,,but only so many pens/yards over 4 feet in hight.
If they went over they would tangle with my guardian dogs and dont think it would be a pretty sight.

BUT we could find places for them .

On eproblem with rescue is she would loose all her breeding stock . They would probably be nutered/spayed.
Geri

abpride

quote]

On eproblem with rescue is she would loose all her breeding stock . They would probably be nutered/spayed.
Geri [/quote]

I am trying to save them from death.
I can keep a few at my place if she really needs to hang onto a few.
if they went into rescue then YES they would be spayed and nuterded and placed in homes.
They are not boarding dogs for breeders

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

abpride wrote:quote]

Geri

I am trying to save them from death.
I can keep a few at my place if she really needs to hang onto a few.
if they went into rescue then YES they would be spayed and nuterded and placed in homes.
They are not boarding dogs for breeders [/quote]

Thank you so much. I will keep you posted. Well perhaps that's why the rescue isn't the first choice, I forgot about spaying/neutering them and yes, that is a requirement.

I will get back as soon as I have a clearer picture, thank you again for helping remind me of requirements--sort of got all forgotten in the panic.

Sue was given notice only this morning she had to be out of the place she is in by the end of the month. I don't think this is a rental sort of arrangement, which is why they are able to not give her much notice.

Anyway, thank you again.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

If there was a way to get a couple out to Sask we Might be able to Help Out

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

appway wrote:If there was a way to get a couple out to Sask we Might be able to Help Out

I talked to Sue tonight briefly. We are going to talk at length tomorrow. I will take 2 but donto knwo how to get them here. I will find out ages wetc tomorrow .
Geri

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Keep me posted
I just sent Sue a Email.

I am sure there are enough dog people that it will work out
I love the breed anyway Very Happy

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have space for large dogs. If they can be kenneled in pairs or groups I could probably foster them all.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Artic
That is a great offer
are you on the Canadian Show dog List
or if you want I can send you her email and you guys can exchange phone numbers and Talk

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Please feel free to pass on my contact information or send me hers. I would not want to see the loss of genetics because they were sent to rescue etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum