Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Purebred, registered Tibetan Mastiffs 2 females-each one year old

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Long story, but the women we have our Tibetan Mastiffs from can no longer keep her dogs. Two weeks ago we got two of the her year-old dogs to foster.

These are purebreds and we have their registration papers.

They are from the same litter, different dads (she bred more than one male to the female as she was having fertility issues with one of the males). She had the puppies DNA tested so we do know who is who.

Allyou pay is the shipping to get them here, I think it was about $600 for both. I believe the cost to buy them would have been about $1500.00 each.

They are about 80lbs right now--figure 100lbs as adults, and incredibly sweet, affectionate and really good with the poultry. We took them in last week and they weren't the least bit prey-driven to the ducks, chickens, geese or cats. Our tibetan is very very protective of our poultry and guards them with great diligence. They have had zero agression with dogs they share the house with (eskimo dog, border collies and our big Tibetan).

They come from exceptional lines, no thyroid issues, no hips issues. Sue went to China and brought back 4 Chinese dogs to bring in new blood 3 or 4 years ago. The girls are very smart. If you read stuff on the web about Tibetans, these girls have personalities that are NOT what is typically described. Their uncle, I think, has taken best of show and did go to the Westminister Dog show in New York.

I do think they were raised in outdoor kennels, protection, but I don't believe in the house other than at birth and bit after.

Would like the girls to go together. You need to have space for them, they aren't city dogs. And they can be determined. When they are bored as puppies they can be a tad destructive, chewing, just like any puppy.

We are just getting them settled with leash training, one if fine, the other is a bit of handful on the lead right now.

For certain we would keep these girls (and still might if we can't find the right home for them) but at the moment, that would make 14 dogs.

If you are interested at all, I can deliver the girls to a variety of places in SE BC and southern Alberta.

Cathy
kincaic@gmail.com

Purebred, registered Tibetan Mastiffs 2 females-each one year old Girls

Purebred, registered Tibetan Mastiffs 2 females-each one year old Girls2

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bump... i know it's early but is no one interested in them?

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice Looking Tibetans
Wish I had the money and a way to get them here
they are great dogs and great Livestock and family protectors.
I showed one a few times and fell in love with the breed.
I am sure you will find them a great home
hopefully a show home as it is a breed that needs to be Known more.

Joe

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HI You could try this list
Canadian Show Dogs <CanadianShowdogs@Yahoogroups.com>
Wouldn't hurt
Geri

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

For sure not necessarily looking for them to go to someone who wants to show, they just need a home with love and exercise Very Happy

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cathyjk wrote:For sure not necessarily looking for them to go to someone who wants to show, they just need a home with love and exercise Very Happy

Yes I realize that but there might be someone who knows of a good home for them. It was only a suggestion.
Geri

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pondering this... so $600 for both?, and how close to Vancouver Island could you get them?

Are they spayed?

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks geri will look at group sorry I misundrrstood

No they aren't spayed but would be looking for them to be fixed by the new owner - I live almost to the alberta border not easily able to deliver to vancouver area

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

This site has a K-9 ride share. People post that they need rides or that they are willing to transport again could help you out.
http://www.canuckdogs.com/
Geri

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum