Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

what is a wing clip and can someone show me a picture.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi, I was talking to someone about identifying different lines and they mentioned a wing clip. Can someone tell me about them please Thanks Geri

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are small metal clips, they fold over the web of the wing and are there permanent. I have heard that some have caught them and ripped them out, but I did a test last year with some 6 week old birds. I wing banded all 12 and not one got caught or fell out. Most of these turned out to be roosters, and the wing bands even stayed in while they got processed in the automatic processor.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here is a picture of them. There are different types, one is a fold over, you put it in with your fingers, not sure how well they would be retained?
The ones I use are the kind you put in with plyers, the pointy tab goes through the web, then bends down inside the back of the tag for a clean fit and no snag ends.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And here is a wing band application.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum