Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do i post pictures?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do i post pictures? Empty How do i post pictures? Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:20 am

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo.

Hi i have been trying to add photos, but with no luck! Rolling Eyes Any advice would be great.

Thanks Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SmallBeginingsFarm?fref=ts

2How do i post pictures? Empty Re: How do i post pictures? Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:33 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Go to and click on "Home" on the website. Select photos. There is a sticky telling how to post photos using "Photobuckets", a photo hosting site.

3How do i post pictures? Empty Re: How do i post pictures? Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Photobucket is a very user-friendly hosting program to use. That sticky that is in the photo section is pretty good, but I have a couple of things to add to it, smiling. Been using photobucket for years and there are some things that some people do not know about it.

Some people do or do not do this....

When I want to have pictures that I KNOW I am going to be putting on a forum, I have folders that I put the images that I want to copy into. I resize them (using VSO image resizer, free software, easy to download) and keep them in that particular folder. I have many, many different folders of resized images for photobucket. That way, I can keep the original pictures separate from the ones that I want to put on a forum, or send by email. All images are resized to under 100 kb, that is an internet friendly format and is, from what I understand, an OK size for anyone that even uses dialup to download pics. Not sure if that is actually true, but someone told me that once upon a time.

When you are in photobucket and you want to upload pictures to photobucket, use their BULK UPLOADER, that is a little button that you will see that shows up. It is so much faster than just using their "regular" uploader. The bulk uploader will scan your computer for the files you want, you just click on the files and upload. Images uploaded with the bulk uploader upload so much faster than with just photobucket's "regular" upload.

As indicated in the instructions in the photo forum, put your cursor on the picture and you will see the boxes below the picture. Choose the last one and it will automatically copy it to the clipboard and then when you go into your post, you just push the paste button (or use control v, a keyboard shortcut for "paste"). Your image code will appear in the post. If you want to see what the picture looks like before you post, you push the preview button below the post you are making and you will see the actual picture that will appear when you submit the post.

Hope this all helps for you and that you can bring pictures on for us to see, we all love pictures. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

4How do i post pictures? Empty Re: How do i post pictures? Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks for the advice, i got some uploaded. I think with a little practice i will get better at this.

Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SmallBeginingsFarm?fref=ts

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum