Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I always post pictures of my chooks, how about something different?

+2
Hidden River
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I had to take some photos of the cows with their bull calves before weaning. Thought I would share some with you. I miss the green grass!

They are all purebred Black Angus, the ones on funny coloured mums are embryo calves. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow nice boys, always suprises me how those baby bulls become so masculine so young...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, pretty happy with the boys this year. Hubby finally got the owner to listen to him and change some things and so far it has paid off. These fellow are just grass fed, no creep feeders for them like some purebred guys do to get them to grow. Just genetics here.

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow! Those are nice looking animals! I'd be proud to own those and so should you Very Happy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful. Masses of gorgeous mass. I mostly think of what a lovely steak could be derived from one of those Very Happy Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM wrote:Beautiful. Masses of gorgeous mass. I mostly think of what a lovely steak could be derived from one of those Very Happy Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

You won't have to imagine for long CynthiaM. That's what we have coming. cheers I did take a picture of him. It's on my camera at home. He was a beauty.

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

they sure are good looking! Very Happy thanks for sharing CoopSlave i always love looking at cattle pictures!!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:
CynthiaM wrote:Beautiful. Masses of gorgeous mass. I mostly think of what a lovely steak could be derived from one of those Very Happy Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

You won't have to imagine for long CynthiaM. That's what we have coming.

You're kidding!! Didn't know it as black Angus, now I'm really really stoked, ummee yummee! I wanna see a picture, download and put it on our forum so we can see. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know nothing of cattle, but they are beautiful, Coopslave.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the compliments. We are pretty happy with them this year. There is a delicate balance keeping the nice heads and clean front ends and getting the beefy thickness that you want in a breeding bull. All this guys will be sold as breeding bull and have lots of girlfriends!

It is funny we take butt pictures of cattle and horses Nothing like admiring a nice butt!

I like any beef, I am a bit of a carnivore, but I have to admit if I had my choice what to eat it would be Angus. I enjoy both the flavour and marbling in them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum