Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back from the Stockton California show- 2500 birds~PHOTOS ADDED~

+16
Piet
uno
appway
CynthiaM
Blue Hill Farm
Terre Wilde
call ducks
Schipperkesue
Dark Wing Duck
cornel
Sebas49
Hidden River
k.r.l
ChicoryFarm
Arcticsun
viczoe
20 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just got back from the Stockton California show and had a blast. We travelled just over 4000 kms and left on Wed. night last week and got home Yesterday about 2:00pm.
The show had an entry of 2500 poultry and waterfowl with oh soo many excellent birds. The weather was hot and sunny.

I had a very good result winning Champion Old English with 350 Old English Games shown. I won with a Crele colored cockeral and placed well with many others including his brother who was Reserve variety to him. Also had champion Modern Game Trio and Reserve variety in the Brown Red color with a cockeral from the trio. A lot of Trios are shown at this show and Modern bantams as well as OEG bantams are huge in California so nice to do well.
Everyone who came with us did well but lots of driving, driving, driving, But looking forward to next year.

I have something here very rare and for sure none in Western Canada I think and I will post some pictures very soon. Think kind of a modern bantam on steroids or a Cornish in the up right position, very very cute.

Heather
Edited for Jayme to add picture of my Crele OEG.Cockerel -Ch. Old English Game
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by viczoe on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.triple-h.ca

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES !!!!!

How cool to have seen so many birds! I would have loved to have seen it!

Cant wait to see your new birds!

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad to hear it went so well for you Heather, in more ways than one and that you're home safe. I look forward to seeing a photo of this special bird you brought home.

Smile

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congratulations Heather! I bet the show was Amazing! Hope you have some photo's to share with us..!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can't wait to see some pictures Heather, and as always I am more than willing to post them for you. Just email them to me and explain what they are and I will post them.
Congrats on doing well and can't wait to see the new addition.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sebas49

Sebas49

Congratulations Heather on your big win with the OEG. Yes, I know that the California area is a hot bed for Games, OE and Moderns. Well done. Was there any American Games shown? If you and Joe keep winning down there they will close the border off to you Canadians to showing in the states, lol.

I think I know what you are talking about the modern bantam on steroids or a Cornish in the up right position. I seen them at the Crossroads show. I chatted with the breeder. I really like them also but I wouldn't say they are cute. The ones I seen were a Wheaten color.

http://www.c-rducks.com

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Good job Heather! i agree lets see pictures! you can send them to me and i can put them up if that is easier for you!

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congrats!!!

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rico - there was a large American Game show- L.F. We all watched it and some very beautiful well conditioned birds. One that stays in my mind was a Pumkin Hussey color, wow very striking and just like a pumkin color. He may have gone best in that show as the judge found him very nice body wise too.

To win the Bantam game class with those numbers and of course some of the best breeders and, conditioners was just great but to do it with one of my Creles was the best as it is such a hard color. Clayton took a bunch of pictures of him I will post in a couple of days, when I get them from him. The cockeral in my mind is a fine example of the breed and he has excellent barring. Don't know if I will breed one as good as him again but I will keep trying. Champion Row was amazing and any of the birds would have been deserving. Best in show was a birchen Modern bantam owned by the Sallee's, very nice bird, but we were nipping at their heels. Oh so much fun when the classes are deep.

You are right and I have a wheaten female/BB male and they are adoreable. Took pictures this evening so will post as soon I get the Crele Pictures.

Clayton will likely post a link to pictures soon as he took about 700 of them.
Crazy long trip but well worth it to be able to visit and handle some super birds.

Heather

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, Heather, this is quite the year for you! Congratulations!

Sue

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Heather,

Are you talking about Malay Bantams?

Nope i see not.

I was hopeing some one had finnaly got some good Malay bantams

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Congratulations! So nice to know that we have such quality in our neck of the woods!

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats Heather! cheers So nice to hear you had a blast at the show and scored some nifty new birds as well. I'm looking forward to the pictures!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, well, well, what a long ways to travel with birds in tow. That was so nice that you got such nice recognition of clearly some very nice birds. Can't wait to see the pictures too, yay for you!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats Heather
Great wins looking forward to the pictures when you get the time.
I have old friends down there and I went to some of the shows with them
There is some very stiff competition down there so that even makes your wins nicer

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A feather in OUR cap to call you one of our own! Congratulations. Rest up now.

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

nice male Heather! i love the color, but i would need an OEG without the comb already! i dont think i could do dubbing! maybe some day!

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fantastic bird! Congrats!

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers cheers cheers Heather.
My god what a beautiful little bird.
I just love the color.

Giddyup

Giddyup

Congratulations! Sounds like quite the show, hope Clayton posts a pic link!

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The Crele color is very difficult as I am sure you can see, it is very hard to get the barring of all those colors right and have it be distinct without getting any solid black or white and then also to get the hackle and the saddle colors to be close. But if you can get it close to being right it is very beautiful and of course you then have to have the correct type and a bird with the attidute to show that type off. This guy is a natural showman.

I very seldom will use a cockerel for breeding but I have put this guy on one specially picked girl and will try to hatch about 10 closely marked chicks just to see what I get.

Thank you for the comments on this guy.

Heather

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations Heather! Your crele cockerel is gorgeous!

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

Congratualations Heather. It's a really interesting color, I enjoyed seeing them in the show at Armstrong.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum