Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stockton California poultry show

+6
Blue Hill Farm
Schipperkesue
CynthiaM
Buff
Hidden River
steve
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stockton California poultry show  Empty Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:38 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

3 of us went to Stockton California last weekend for the poultry show. it was a very interesting show, and a fun experience. there was 2500 birds entered in the show, and they all looked amazing! saw some bantam varieties of breeds I have only seen in pictures!!\

LF New Hampshire

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4770

LF Salmon Faverolles

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4779-1

LF white faced Spanish

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4796-1

LF Light Brahma

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4822-1

Silkie

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4829

Bantam Buff Leghorn

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4876-1

Bantam Sumatra

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4880

Bantam D'anver

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4909

Bantam Ko Shamo

Stockton California poultry show  DSCN4912

2Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice pictures Steve, looks like some amazing birds. Did you guys sneak any home with you.  Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hahaha no didn't get to smuggle any birds home Very Happy
But did buy the SOP 1906 & 1066. Good reads Smile

4Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Buff

Buff

Awesome pics thanks so much for sharing them.

5Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wonderful and beautiful, that set of gear on the end of the bantam buff leghorn was something to behold, as well as the bantam Sumatra, and wow!! that ko shamo was astounding. There in the pictures was some most interesting birds. I also liked the light brahma large fowl and boy, that is one big bird! Thank you for posting the pictures, have an awesome night, days to follow, CynthiaM.

6Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

*Jealous!*

What, no Houdans?

7Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow. All the birds are beautiful! But I can't stop looking at that Salmon Faverolles boy. His beard is divine, as is the rest of him.  I love you

8Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:54 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good to see you guys there Steve and I know you had fun. Great photos too.

The Wheaten Ko-Shamo bantams had their Qualifying Meet to hopefully get accepted to the Standard of Perfection at the Stockton show and I was humbled to be asked to judge it, with the responsibility of determining weather or not the group met their proposed Standard and should be admitted.
There were a total of 107 entered and to my eye and several other judges was on of the best qualifying meets in a very long time. I found all the classes cock, hen cockerel and pullet very consistent throughout. The older cocks were outstanding. I found a few things that needed tweaking in the proposed standard but not much as all the birds were very close. I found only one bird with a disqualification and that bird was actually the bird I liked the best in the class of cockerels for type but when l opened his wings one side did not have a split wing which was quite disappointing and unusual for the breed.

This is a breed that has no large fowl counterpart and the breed requires a split wing. The woman who started the ball rolling towards that important day was Suzanne Chung and she has worked for 6 years making sure there were the required number of breeders and only the best Quality birds were being bred from. These little birds are very interesting with lovely temperaments.

I asked that members of the Standard Committee follow along with me to talk about what I found. I recommended that they be excepted and I think they will be a fine edition.
I also asked Suzanne after if she would be working towards qualifying another color and she didn't think so but at the end of the conversation ended with maybe the Blue Red as many of the founding breeders already have this color.

At any rate it was an honor to be chosen and a lot of fun too. I also judged the 340 Old English Games and found some mighty fine birds there.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

9Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Love that Buff Leghorn Bantam. Smile Too bad I couldn't find some here in Canada. Sad

10Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:42 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

That sounds like a lot of fun!!

11Stockton California poultry show  Empty Re: Stockton California poultry show Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:35 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

What an excellent opportunity, Steve. I'm sure you all had a blast! Thanks for posting the pictures, and you know we'd all love a few more if you have time ...  Wink 
When I was down in Columbus for the National show I found it really inspiring to see the work that has been done on some of those less common breeds. Plus, just seeing the sheer numbers of birds at those big shows...pretty amazing.
Thanks for your update, Heather. What an honor for you to be judging and making the recomendation for acceptance of the new variety of Ko-shamos! That was a large group for sure, so a good sized sample of the birds.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum