Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Bigger Bang for your Buck

+7
HigginsRAT
uno
ChicoryFarm
coopslave
Cathyjk
silkiebantam
Schipperkesue
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:57 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you want good tangible advice on chicken issues, I find WCPS gives you an amazing number of responses especially when you consider the readership.

As an experiment last night I posted an identical question on this site and on an very heavily populated one. The other site has 15 views and 0 responses. This site- 98 views and 15 very excellent responses so far.

Thank-you, everyone, for your advice.

Sue

2A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:03 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

See, now I'm wondering what this question is... lol

I have snooping to do!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

3A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:05 am

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sometimes bigger isn't better. I think we work because we feel a tad more connected to each other; like we do know each other. I have been on some yahoo groups where the membership is in the thousands... it doesn't feel like a community, although it is, it feels more like reading something in a magazin--very one way communication.

I like our community.

4A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathyjk wrote:Sometimes bigger isn't better. I think we work because we feel a tad more connected to each other; like we do know each other. I have been on some yahoo groups where the membership is in the thousands... it doesn't feel like a community, although it is, it feels more like reading something in a magazin--very one way communication.

I like our community.

You are so right! I think it is the smallness of this site that makes people more active. The "bigger bang for my buck" I refer to is the number of responses I have received here, cetainly not the population...though it is growing!

Sue

5A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ahhhh! That question! I was reading about it here this morning (I don't know enough to add anything intelligent.) Although I did see the abbreviation (HP) in an unrelated topic first and thought it stood for Horse Poo.

Yes, I like this community here too! I like the humor and conversation and close feeling.

6A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:03 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:If you want good tangible advice on chicken issues, I find WCPS gives you an amazing number of responses especially when you consider the readership.

As an experiment last night I posted an identical question on this site and on an very heavily populated one. The other site has 15 views and 0 responses. This site- 98 views and 15 very excellent responses so far.

Thank-you, everyone, for your advice.

Sue

I was going to say I too thought it was amazing the responce the tapioca thread got, but then I realised that was Uno' doing! Laughing

I like the atmosphere here as well. I feel much more relaxed to be myself instead of always having to 'think' about my words to much before I type them, afraid I will hurt someone's sensitive feelings. You guys just accept me the way I am, warts and all!

I think there is more interest in serious answers and opinions here too and an appreciation for all feedback.

7A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:33 am

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

One of the things I really like about this forum is that it feels inclusive - everyone is welcome and they don't have to post daily or regularly to feel like they belong and are welcome to just gather info when needed.

Two other forums I dabbled in had two separate dynamics. One felt like if you weren't one of the star (popular) members, the responses you received in regards to help was weak and the other was waaayyy too many members and it was hard to get anyone's attention or advice. You'd submit a topic and by the time you checked the 'most recent topics' your's was way down the list within seconds!

8A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:35 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree entirely with Cathy!

There is a tipping point (and book by the same name) where things get too big and the fine and lovely balance goes over sideways. Right now I don't think we've reached it and for now, this is all very intimate and close, like a dinner party with everyone you really like. BUt life being what it is, that will eventually change.

As it is, things are great here!

9A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

10A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:05 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I find the other forum overwhelmed with new members which is fine except they ask questions like I did when I was a beginner. This site tends to have more advanced questions generally or interesting questions like which colour of tapioco is best- well this site has a sense of humour that not found in the other. The questions for beginners are inportant, but I get bored with them and Uno has threatened me with big trouble if I go off to read a truck forum too often.

11A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh dear, Tara, what do you think about people who both eat AND kiss their birds?

Those little cornish bantams are sweet and cuddly and I love to pick them up and kiss their funny little heads. I am also looing forward to making my culls in the spring because as I am cuddling and kissing I am also feeling up that tremendous breast!

One of my neighbour's grandsons, a man of about 20 has taken a great interest in the rabbits and ducks I have set his Opa up with. This summer I would go to visit to find the whole family, from 10 years old to 85 years old sitting on lawn chair holding rabbits and ducks. The young man was massaging the rabbit's shoulders. He looked up to me and told me he was "tenderizing the meat"!

Sue

12A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Laughing Sue, I do the same thing. Kiss-kiss my purdy birdies, oh my, my, what nice drumsticks you have... Twisted Evil

Besides many of the excellent reasons already listed above, I love that I feel free to be myself here. cyclops (warts and all, lol)

13A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey, you have warts too, cool! Banana

..."OH you EAT your birds!"...or "OH you KISS your birds!"

Isn't a kiss just a taste of what is to come anyways...... Laughing

14A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

15A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:45 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have people give me weird looks when I tell them I just came in from squeezing my turkey's breasts... Shocked

16A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

silkiebantam wrote: Although I did see the abbreviation (HP) in an unrelated topic first and thought it stood for Horse Poo.

Oh girl, you maka me smile!! I actually made a noise, perhaps it was a snort, smiling again, it came out of my mouth, so I think it was a giggle, smiling again. That was so freakin' funny!! Thanks, these things are good for first thing in the morning. Now if only I had made some sponge candy, like I said I was going to, then I would be even more smiley.

I love the atmosphere of this forum for surely, just as so many have said. If find it a very friendly place to hang out, and seem to get more responses to my posts here than there or there. But doesn't mattter, hanging out all over the place is good too. I have friends all over the world Shocked and Razz . I wonder where life would be without the internet and my forum friends? Surely I would be a sad and lonely gal, smiling that big smile. Beautiful days to us all, CynthiaM.

17A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:00 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm glad you laughed! I did when I realized. When I first read HP it was in the Bubble Tea (tapioca) Post. I read the Hydrogen Peroxide post later.

18A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:05 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Oh dear, Tara, what do you think about people who both eat AND kiss their birds?

Those little cornish bantams are sweet and cuddly and I love to pick them up and kiss their funny little heads. I am also looing forward to making my culls in the spring because as I am cuddling and kissing I am also feeling up that tremendous breast!

One of my neighbour's grandsons, a man of about 20 has taken a great interest in the rabbits and ducks I have set his Opa up with. This summer I would go to visit to find the whole family, from 10 years old to 85 years old sitting on lawn chair holding rabbits and ducks. The young man was massaging the rabbit's shoulders. He looked up to me and told me he was "tenderizing the meat"!

Sue

Thats how the Japanese do it to make Kobe Beef! I'm sure it would work great on rabbits too! Maybe I'll try it on a cull rooster this year!!!
Or..., I can take him into a message shop in the city and ask them if they'd mind giving my cock a message!

19A Bigger Bang for your Buck Empty Re: A Bigger Bang for your Buck Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

OK, now I am really confused. What topic is this again? Tapioca? HP? Massage?

Perhaps Confucious was right! After all, Confucious says,

"He who strays off topic invites confusion into his life."

and

"Tapicoa leads to dessert envy."

Sue

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum