Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Truck goes bang.

+3
Susan
rosewood
uno
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Truck goes bang. Empty Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A while ago Dark Wing Duck commented that my truck on blocks (my old avatar) was scary. I'm here to tell you that wasn't half as scary as the posted pic.

I realize that many of you are not dyed-in-the-wool rednecks and thus will not understand our backwoods ways of being deeply involved with our rides. ALl of them old, all of them having high miles, all of them named. BUt this truck is me. ME! If people do not see it around town they say, oh, we thought you moved away. You might call it ubiquitous. And now you can call it broken.

Horsey teen and I are zipping down the road, right as rain, on the way to pick up the truck she just bought (1995 diesel with 390,000 kms) I pull out to pass a slow poke when there is a mighty BANG! and the motor dies! I manage to get on the shoulder without further incident, which was very lucky, and call the wrecker.

Now would be a good time for all my WCPS friends to feel dreadfully sorry for me and know that a portion of my identity has been ripped away. I am bereft, lost, homeless in a sense. I am going to retire to my tub and weep while drinking really sweet white wine. Seeing my truck on the wrecker gave me chest pains. The only upside is no matter what is broken, no matter how massive the damage, hubby has a replacement part laying in the bush including another motor if it comes to that. But for now, Uno is very, very sad. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm

When I was a teenager I had a car that was my Identity , so I know what you're saying , and like you said ........it will get fixed and then all's well in the world again

3Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can identify with your sadness. I have a truck I've had since 1987 that I've been trying to get back to being roadworthy. It has been sitting for a few years now waiting for time and money to rebuilt the steering gear as it get so that it took 3 complete wheel turns to the left before the truck started turning and 3 turns to the right. I've experience that bang from the motor a couple times. It usually means work and/or costs.

4Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ahh, sory Uno- I hope you can fix her!

5Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Poor sad Uno! Enjoy your wine. Wish I had a tub to recline in, in sympathy! I will leave you with words from a long previous conversation. Buy a Toyota!

Sue silent

6Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I shall join Uno in her weeping and wine-ing. Maybe a litre or two of Corbit Canyon.... and a straw.

I drink insolidarity with Uno in her time of greif!!!!

Siiiiiiip!

7Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you all. Rosewood, if you think there are any parts kicking around in the forest here that you could use, let me know and I'll rummage for you.

Sue, you made me laugh outloud! Indeed I do recall a certain conversation that got everyone involved! SO glad you like your Toyo...but I have no Toyo parts in the bush so have to stick with what the wrecking yard can support.

Arctic, I am heartened to know I do not drink alone. In fact, I have had so much wine that your avatar looks like a Husky who's had its head pinched in a door and its eyes are falling out! TOO MUCH WINE!

Oh...by flashlihgt, with only the screwdriver from the kitchen junk drawer, Hubby located a popped ignition wire, re-attached it and vroom vroom, away we go! Thank goodness it's nothing worse. Now I'll need another excuse to drink wine in the bathtub. THanks all for your kind words in my time of freaking out.

8Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:02 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Uno for thinking about parts for my old truck. Unfortunately you have bowtie stuff and decades ago I went back to Mopar. On second thought maybe you do have parts as my Dodge uses General Motors steering and the front axles on both trucks may come from Dana, transfer cases from New Progress.

9Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:31 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hear about your wheels Uno. I must admit it makes me smile to know there are other people out there that name their vehicles too. Our ‘Old Bess’ may not be the newest car on the block, (especially after driving the grid for 2 years now) but she carried all 5 of us over 17,000 + kms around the states back in 2008 and will always hold special meaning for me because of that. I don’t think you can ask for better from a car 4 years away from being classified as an antique. Laughing I hope your truck can be fixed!

10Truck goes bang. Empty Re: Truck goes bang. Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:38 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

"Long live the truck on blocks!!!!!!" cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum