Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone used ACE shipping?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Has anyone used ACE shipping? Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't need anything shipped right now, just looking at some possible options for transportation for older chicks or mature birds. Would be nice to know if anyone has used them for birds or eggs and what they thought of the service and cost.
Thanks!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Re: Has anyone used ACE shipping? Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have used them a lot. I have been very happy with Medicine Hat to Brooks, Calgary and Red Deer. But have had issues to Edmonton. The last shipment went to Edmonton without any issues, but the two before had issues of cold warehouses and chicks put in them...
I have even shipped to Castlegar BC with them, only lost 2 chicks in the 25 chick order, still overnight delivery there too from here.
Prices are pretty good, around $35 to anywhere direct they deliver. I have always had people pick up directly at the depots though, havent done the local deliveries from the depot (for example St. Albert from Edmonton) just takes too long into the next day to get them delivered, I prefer they are picked up ASAP in the mornings, so just a pointer if you do use them.
The fellow in Medicine Hat is very great to work with, small town personal feel, not sure what the depots are like anywhere else?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Re: Has anyone used ACE shipping? Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ace couriers are all owner operators, on the lower end of the industry, so you take your chances. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I will add, 22 years in this industry, I wouldn't use them. Some will have good things to say, some won't. The experience will differ.

4Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Re: Has anyone used ACE shipping? Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:23 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have also had good experience with them. It is true that you can pay more for the same service but my experience has taught me that you don't always get a better service by paying more.

5Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Re: Has anyone used ACE shipping? Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:36 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would like to hear more about ACE courier, I never heard of them. For shipping eggs now I use greyhound, but even that is expensive. I like the bus, the eggs don't go in the air and deal with ups and downs, and oops, perhaps throwing the box down a conveyor belt Shocked . Dan you have had first hand experience with that, 24 eggs, 2 hatched, something not right there, think it was the air shipment. I guess across Canada, the airways must be used, but for B.C. and Alberta, greyhound all the way. Think it has been between $25-30 tops anywhere I have shipped. BUT....now live birds, nope greyhound I don't think will. So would like to hear more about ACE courier system. Have a wonderful and beautiful day, CynthiaM.

6Has anyone used ACE shipping? Empty Re: Has anyone used ACE shipping? Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Greyhound has a policy that they don't ship live chicks/ chickens but some of the smaller outlets are not aware of that. ie Greyhound Calgary will not accept live chicks even in a pet carrier but yet a poultry guy sent me chicks via Greyhound from a smaller outlet in northern Alberta and when my wife picked them up from Calgary the man there seemed put out and said that they are not supposed to accept them for shipping . I asked at Airdrie Alberta and they said that they will take them but they are not supposed to. No matter who you use to ship with it is possible for the shipper to treat your shipment in a rough manner and maybe causing damaged air cells or embryo death.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum