Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Egg rocking question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Egg rocking question Empty Egg rocking question Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:57 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have an egg that has been rocking back and forth and side to side for about 7 hours now, but no pip. Granted, I have alot of questions as this goes, cause I have never hatched them myself. Is that normal or is it stuck?

I should add, this egg was due to hatch yesterday. The rocking started this morning about 9. It is currently 3:30. No pip, rocking is slowing down.

Last edited by pfarms on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

2Egg rocking question Empty Re: Egg rocking question Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I think it a good sign, mine that rocked usually hatched. I hope you get a few more chicks.

3Egg rocking question Empty Re: Egg rocking question Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So far there is 5 Jersey Giants. One JG has pipped and then I have an amarucana from Chickeesmom that is rocking. They were due to hatch today so right on schedule. There is three partridge chanties that are supposed to hatch today with them, but nothing from them yet. The others that were supposed to hatch on Monday I candeled last night. Nothng. Either died early or were full of fluid so died right before hatching. I know it wasnt too high humidity. But the eggs had a long trip. They were in the car with hubby for more then 8 hours. It doesnt heat well. But, today, I looked at the bator, all was fine, I made lunch, came back, and the thermomometer and humidity reader was dead. New battery, nothing. Dried it out, nothing. Cleaned it, nothing. I even took it apart, dried it again, cleaned it, and put it back together, with yet another battery. Now it atleast shows lines on the screen as before it just went dead with nothing. There is no place for me to get another one around here. So these last two days are going to be blind, but I only have those 5 left. I can do nothing but lol!

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum