Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Almost forgot - had birds in show side of CHB

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I was very busy at the sales side but I also had 13 birds in the show side. Of the 13 I showed I won two BB red ribbons and the $50 cash prize for best Rock. Thank you to who ever donated the cash prize.

Last year was the first time i had showed in 35 years. Just grabbed some birds and put them in. had planned on being better prepared this year but was so busy with changes taking place that I still just grabbed a bunch and put them in. Didn't condition or groomed like I used to. I did have a chance to take down a couple of birds I wanted judged to see If i had spotted their flaws. out of the four I took down, three were disqualified like I thought they should be. One was not, but I missed another one. A show like this is a great place to find out how your good birds are doing but can really help with culling out birds your not sure of.

I was very pleased with the judging and the results I had. I have decided that if I am going back in to showing I am going to have to commit to it like I use to. I was busy thinking the whole way home, planning on building my conditioning pens for 25 birds for next years show. You need to separate and pamper your birds for at least 2-3 weeks before you show. My conditioning cages are the same size as the large showing cages. Birds will be isolated, washed then dusted, and fed a special diet to bring out the best in them. Cages will be made to fold up when not being used, and the plywood table tops will be placed on those folding sawhorses you can buy at any hardware store. Take note BEDAZZLED birds owners. I am planning a tri-colour bird for next years show.

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh nice, and nice that you were able to find time in a very busy time for you to get those birds to the show, even though they weren't conditioned, sounds like one was good, yay!! have a wonderful day, CynthiaM

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum