Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What did you take home from Red Deer?

+6
Arcticsun
chickeesmom
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
Dark Wing Duck
pfarms
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty What did you take home from Red Deer? Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Seems alot of people got atleast something. Who ended up with something they wanted, or didnt expect to get?

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We went on Saturday first thing in the morning. I didn't see much there for sale that I was hoping for. Any birds that I thought might be of interest had already been sold. From the sounds of things, I figured there were more people selling! Oh well!
I'm not sure if any of the show birds were for sale, as I didn't see any "For Sale" signs on the cages. Maybe someone else knows more about those birds.
Other than not bringing home anything, I thought it was a very nice event!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

DWD, you should have been there Sunday. Lots of birds entered in the show were up for sale. In some cases almost the whole breed entry was available!

Saturday afternoon I sought out Perry and bought some of his WLR Cornish Bantams.

Sue

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish we could have stayed later today to see that, I was wondering when all the birds were going to be up for sale, but we just got home now, left Red Deer at 9:30 am this morning, then picked up a horse for my girls at Ponoka, then home. The roads were terrible...
What did I bring home from the Red Deer sale, 2 very tired girls, thrilled with their wins and all the fun they had, a very tired and stressed husband after driving on those roads for 7 hours, and a head cold... But soooo worth it.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think Steve and I cleaned up on the silent Auction.
I brought home some awesome chicken goodies, beautiful painting of Sue's, tree ornaments from Steve and many many more goodies.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Friday morning the back sales are a was totally filled and cages were even doublestacked!!!
The buying and selling was hot and heavy all day Friday. Saturday morning was busy, by Saturday afternoon many of the sellers were sold out! Rows of pigeons of all sorts of gorgeous breeds, quite a few chickens, a great selection of standard and call ducks (loads of GORGEOUS cCalls) and a very cool selection of really attractive quail of various breeds.

The sales signs didnt go up on the show bird cages until the judging was done Sat afternoon. A lot of sales were done before the signs even went up, and once they did start putting up the signs the sales were flying agin.

I didnt bring any birds to sell at all and ended up getting talked out of 5 of them!!!

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I walked away with two roos and three turkeys. I also picked up guineas and a roo for Heda Gobbler. It was funny watching us get all that plus our stroller and bags into the back of my suv.

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

pfarms wrote:I walked away with two roos and three turkeys. I also picked up guineas and a roo for Heda Gobbler. It was funny watching us get all that plus our stroller and bags into the back of my suv.

I have a picture of that, hope Steve posts, you guys did some great packing!!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I came away with a wonderful little Faverolle hen from Steve. She is for my lonely Houdan/Polish cross roo who lost his hen a couple of months back.

I also won the Turkey ornament in the Silent Auction. Smile

10What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:39 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Let's see, I came back with 3 of Perry's WLR cornish bantams, the amertine pendant from the silent auction, a bag full of garlic a painting from Sue and about a thousand new friendships. Was an amazing event. The best part was that all of Jean's birds found new homes.

11What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

chickeesmom wrote:I think Steve and I cleaned up on the silent Auction.
Haha! Laughing that is for sure!! Very Happy came home with alot of really nice auction items!

12What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh, you will love this...

I also came home with the HUGE ring that Pops donated. My husband still hasn't noticed it and I am wearing it constantly. Even the dog noticed it yesterday. I even said that I bought something at the silent auction and he would know when he saw it. I suspect he will not see it until next weekend when we visit my family and both my mom and sister in law gawk over it.

Sue

13What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh please let me verify that she has indeed been waving it about in the most grandiose and flamboyant fashion, lording it over all and sundry. Sheesh.

I offer you PROOF of her gleeful gloating....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My appologies for the quality of the cellphone camera.
In person I was nearly BLINDED by the gleam off that ring. It really is gorgeous and stunning and thank you again so much Pops!!!!

14What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I must say that while wearing said ring I feel positively petite by comparison!

Every grade 6 girl in my Social Studies class came over to see it after class. "May we touch it?" they all asked, timidly!

Sue

15What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh trust me, that packing job is all me. He helps put things in place, but he isnt the best at arranging things. Yet he can build a building.

Chickeemom, yes, you have the only evidence of that trip, other then the smell that I cant get out of my truck yet LOL!

16What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:10 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Indeed Arctic. The gleam of Sue's blink is truly blinding. Had I known, I would have worn shades.

17What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

toybarons wrote:Indeed Arctic. The gleam of Sue's blink is truly blinding. Had I known, I would have worn shades.

Many people did wear shades! I saw them on another post.

Sue

18What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:24 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
toybarons wrote:Indeed Arctic. The gleam of Sue's blink is truly blinding. Had I known, I would have worn shades.

Many people did wear shades! I saw them on another post.

Sue

They certainly did. An while they would likely tell us otherwise, they were protecting themselves from the glare of your radiant blink.

19What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We went on Friday, but there were hardly any signs on the sale birds, even in the sale section? Shocked
So got nothing, plus we didn't know the show birds came up for sale sunday Crying or Very sad We only went friday, but could have gone again on Sunday. Well live and learn for next year!!

20What did you take home from Red Deer? Empty Re: What did you take home from Red Deer? Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

We definitly need more signage and MORE HELP!

KRL and Rhonda put up very cool signs, they were coroplast signs on the popler trees, it looked GREAT! They were putting them up as fast as they could but they may not have all been up when you were looking. It took us a while to get set up on Thurs as the tables arrived 2 hours late. We were still setting up on Friday!

We will have some larger signs next year. DoubleSS has graciously offered to make up large wood signs for us. That will help too.

For sale tags could have been placed on cages before judging, but they needed to be removed durring judging. Bart judged all day Friday and all day Saturday. He was one tired little camper by the end of the show!

Next year we will not only announce how things work on the forums, but we will have webpages explaining everything AND we will have instructional signs at the show letting people who are not on the forums or who have not seen the website, know whats what

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum