Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good to be home, or is it?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good to be home, or is it? Empty Good to be home, or is it? Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

After being gone for two months helping my dad after his back surgery I come home begning of October to, well, lets just say, I wanted to seriously injure my mother in law. She lives 8 ft away and just has to feed my birds a few times a week and I had everything in the back of an suv, 5 ft from their pen, with bags of food and everything done. Just empty one bag every few days into their feeders. Well, I am shy over a dozen birds. Dead. The rest were in very poor condition. My poor baby's. Right away I set out and got everything cleaned up and now, after a month, my birds are back in great condition. Most my hens are now laying, my roos I got sorted, and everything is taking off again. Now, the next two weeks, I will be on the road more then half of both weeks. Trip from here to Edmonton this coming week. Then from here to Brocett, from there to Tatyaloko Lake BC, then home the next week. I really dont want to go, I fear for my birds. But, I cant wait to get my new calf either. So, pending any more events, I am finally back around, all be it a few minutes here and there at a time until the end of November. Hope everyone else had a good few months.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

2Good to be home, or is it? Empty Re: Good to be home, or is it? Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:53 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good help is hard to find and it is very upsetting and hurtful when the people we trust to look after our interests for us, fail us. I am sorry to hear this. You are in a tough position. Is there anyone else you could ask to step in? A school kid who needs some spending money?

Sorry about the dead birds and the disappointment. Do not kick you MIL, as tempting as it sounds.

3Good to be home, or is it? Empty Re: Good to be home, or is it? Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awful to be caught in that position. Hope things go better when you are away this trip - we are really looking forward to seeing you here!

I hate coming home to find the water dishes haven't been so much as dumped once and the poultry are drinking from a tub of muck. It all seems so simple and takes so little time.

Sigh.

Glad you're back anyway....I'm sure the birds are too!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

4Good to be home, or is it? Empty Re: Good to be home, or is it? Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 pm

pfarms

pfarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

No uno, we are too far out. We are a good 40 minutes from town and the few people that do live around us are much older and cant do alot of things anymore. Yes, I wanted to kick her. Well, more then that, but I will be nice. So, no one else to come help. If we can get things running better we are planning to hire a hand though. Then I can fire them if they dont take care of the animals right.

Heda, on one hand, I cant wait. On the other, I dont want to leave again yet LOL. But I am too excited I think to let anything hold me back.

http://dtfarm.webs.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum