Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APA Canadian National, some pictures of my birds and TruNorth's

+3
Chantecler_eh?
KathyS
CynthiaM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, the event is all said and done. It was a mighty beautiful thing, with so many exhibitors, so many volunteers and well, just so many people. My hat off to all that helped to make this event come through with shining colours.

TruNorth asked me to get pictures of her two light Sussex that she had entered, which I did, and I also have pictures of some of my birds that were entered too. Not all, but the ones worthy of mention. Enjoy the pictures, and to you all, have a beautiful day. CynthiaM.

This is my large fowl blue Cochin, lovely in personality and lovely with lovely. A ball of fluff feathers. She placed as the champion of the Asiatic class. In the Asiatic class there are Cochins, Brahmas and Langshans. Unfortunately, only the cochins were represented there, in large fowl, I guess no one has Brahmas or Langshans that they chose to enter into the event, too bad, beautiful are the Asiatics. Kind of partial to that class for sure.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is her ribbon and her award, and also a cool little pin to put on my jacket that says "APA 1873", nice.

This is my buff orpington cockerel, 21 weeks old, think he is going to get a whole lot bigger and more beautiful. This cockerel and the pullet you see in the next picture come from the lines at Hobbychicken's, his daddy has taken show champion several times and so has one of the mothers of my young buff orpingtons. Hope they turn out as nice as what Hobbychicken's are, smiling.

I think the card's letters meant best of breed, not sure, but I think so.

This is the card that was on his cage

This is the pullet, same age as the cockerel

This is the rating card that was on her cage

This is TruNorth's light Sussex cockerel, beautiful Columbian markings, I was so impressed with the size and beauty of this breed.

Another shot of him as the first one was not too good

The cockerel's ident card

And lastly TruNorth's light Sussex pullet

And the light Sussex pullets ident card

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you very much for posting these pictures, Cynthia! Absolutely gorgeous birds, and congratulations is certainly in order for you and all those who placed at this show. Three Cheers!! cheers
It really is wonderful to be recognized for that labor of love that goes into producing outstanding birds like these to represent the breed.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Chantecler_eh?

Chantecler_eh?

Congrats again on the Cochin Cindi. Such nice Buff Orpingtons you have too. I'm glad we managed to connect with the Buckeyes and I hope they will do well for you.

http://feathers-farm.webs.com

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes. Very nice birds ladies. Congrats!

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congrats to the winners. Thanks for posting the pictures. I would like to see some pictures of the Wyandottes and Brahmas entered.

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

heres some of my cockerels. these are bantams. i got best and reserve bantam Brahma with one of these cockerels and a pullet[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love the buff brahmas, you have some nice birds there, Cornel.

Rosewood, I didn't see any large fowl gold laced wyandottes there. If I still had mine (Duanescows has them), I would have entered. One of my hens took champion of the American class at the fall featherfest in Armstrong last year. I wish someone had some large fowl GLW and entered, I also wish someone had entered Brahmas, large fowl, but nope. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful birds!

I would LOVE to get some of those Light Sussex. Why does BC have to be so far away? Sad

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosewood, I didn't see any large fowl gold laced wyandottes there. If I still had mine (Duanescows has them), I would have entered. One of my hens took champion of the American class at the fall featherfest in Armstrong last year. I wish someone had some large fowl GLW and entered, I also wish someone had entered Brahmas, large fowl, but nope. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

That is disappointing. I don't have any show ready right now as the only GLW that hatched here this year I sold. Were there any BLRWs?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum