Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Class room Hatch :)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Class room Hatch :)  Empty Class room Hatch :) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 am

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

As soon as my eggs get her from Toybarons I am taking the Brinsea Mini advance to my sons K/1 class to hatch Polish chicks Very Happy Then it goes to the 4/5/6/7 class to Hatch Buff Orps. Anyone else doing classroom hatches ? I though I heard a few people mention doing them.

2Class room Hatch :)  Empty Re: Class room Hatch :) Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I'm giving eggs to two classrooms in the area to hatch. One at my son's school. That is how we got started in chicken's. 7 little EEs cuties. 2 were girls and 5 boys Shocked We will be collecting eggs from those two hens as well as some of our other girls. The teacher is excited because she has never had eggs back from one of the chicks that she hatched. Very exciting!

The K/1 class is going to love the little mop top Polish chicks!!

3Class room Hatch :)  Empty Re: Class room Hatch :) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:29 pm

i hatched out ameracauna chicks for my son's class! we set up a brooder in the class and they will keep them there for a week! Smile

4Class room Hatch :)  Empty Re: Class room Hatch :) Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I just picked up eggs from toybarons too! We are setting them in my sons class on Wednesday. flower

We can't wait!!! Fingers crossed we have a good hatch. We are going to candle them for the kids too. That will be so fun!

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you to Toybarons for the polish eggs!!!

5Class room Hatch :)  Empty Classroom hatches Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:42 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes my sons class will be hatching buff ducklings in his classroom in a couple weeks with his Brinsea mini Smile he's pretty excited

6Class room Hatch :)  Empty Re: Class room Hatch :) Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi SerJay, glad you made it! Very Happy Hope he has a great hatch!!!

7Class room Hatch :)  Empty Re: Class room Hatch :) Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We are using a Brinsea Mini too. What a great little incubator!

I am thinking I need to do a little presentation for the kids with some incubation facts and info. Any good ideas would be appreciated!! I think I will make a calendar for them to count down the days on. I want this to be a fun learning experience for them.

I also learned today that the school has a back up generator system so if the power goes out we should be okay. Man, I should have asked before I bought the fancy battery back up... Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum