Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Class or a lack there of!!

+5
Hidden River
DoubleSSRanch
rosewood
Amy
viczoe
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Class or a lack there of!! Empty Class or a lack there of!! Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I have thought about this all day while I was feeding, culling and bathing some of my birds. Once again while taking the time out of my busy evening and morning and hoping to see and read some light poultry related banter, I was ambushed again by people who seem to have a lack of class.

The funny thing is just last week at a show there was a group of seasoned exhibitors myself included lamenting about a lack of class with regards to some people mostly fairly new in the hobby. When I was being mentored one of the things always stressed to me was have some class and be respectful as it will follow you thoughout your time in the hobby and will shape people's opinions of you and your stock.

On this forum I have been so pleased to see many people who are striving to learn and then take the nuggets they learn and tastefully pass them on to others which is what will keep our hobby alive but I continue to see a few others who are not interested in learning and enjoying the wonderful aspects of our hobby but are only in it for what they can get out of it money wise and that is their choice and not mine to judge. Except when the squabbles between them keep getting thrown out for all of the rest of us who could give a darn and just want to have a good read. This quite frankly is a lack of class in my eyes, in order to get respect you have to give it and while I am never one to judge people in advance of meeting them, this child like behaviour of "one up manship" is getting very old.

We should all take a moment to reflect on how we present our selves. For myself on this forum I have found some very knowledgable people and some with so much enthusiasm for the hobby that I can't wait to meet them and a very small few I wish never to meet, which to me is sad all because of the lack of respect that is shown all of us by seemly being unable to settle your problems privately, shame on you.

I live a wonderful life and love to share and have others share their adventures with our feathered friends and don't feel I should have to screen the messages here not to have to keep reading the disrespect you all show to each other.

Just my take on something that has bothered me all day.
Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well said, you have hit the nail on the head, Thank you. I have had a very busy summer and just got back to the foums recently and I already know what you mean.

3Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:46 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with you on this, Heather. There is one or more persons that post on this forum that I just choose not to read, but occasionally they sneak a post that I read before seeing the author. Their postings are like an annoying advertising in the middle of a good hockey game- louder and bolder than the game itself.

4Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 am

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ditto X'3

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

5Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heather I couldnt agree more. This forum was built on people's knowledge and enthusiasm, the bickering needs to stop or this site will crumble like many before it.
I too even as an admin/moderator tend to skip over some posts just to not get involved in the drama, but then am brought into it with hurt feeling emails asking me to remove innocent posts because of what is being said on them.
I hope we can all share our knowledge in a friendly creative way instead of hurting people's feelings.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

6Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, when I first read the title I thought you were speaking of a class as a poultry show, or a lack of a class at a poultry show. Interesting read. I am trying to rack my brains about what topics this lack of class may have arisen in, perhaps just the ones that I skip over myself, smiling. Class is an important thing, I do totally agree. have a beautiful and awesome day, CynthiaM.

7Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 am

granschickens

I have to totally agree with you Heather. It is why THIS forum was so refreshing. The people on it didn't spend their time complaining about others and seemed genuinely interested in sharing information. I hope that this continues.

I feel very fortunate that in my dealings with poultry people I have met wonderful people. Indeed it is one of the reasons that I got drawn in further and further.For someone like me ( old and a novice) who has only a relatively short time to learn everything it has been fantastic.

I have met a few of the "others", but so far they seem few and far between.

One of my first "wonderful" experiences was trying to find Speckled Sussex which are in very short supply in Ontario. Hidden happened to have 6 young birds waaaay out west. She went out of her way to find out how to ship the birds, bought a crate, and I was soon picking up the birds at Air Canada. It took her hours of extra work, and I keep it in mind all the time as I deal with people. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

8Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:27 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heather, I am also with you on this one only I don't know which posts that you are referring to because I also don't read them all. I sure hope that I am not one of the offenders that you are talking about. Have a great day to all.

9Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks for the replies, I just find it frustrating when going to a area like chickens for sale, should be a safe area. Also I like to look at every post if even in passing and should not have to screen.
Dan it was not one of your posts so no worries. I was raised maybe in a different time and mentored by others who thought respect for others means respect for ones self and the rewards will come back to you two-fold.

Heather

10Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Can't think of any posts that offended ? , but then again I don't read them all ...............as long as it wasn't me ??

11Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

No to worry folks the thread I was referring to is gone. None of the post offended me it was just past terribly annoying. All is well and if you have to ask you were not part of the thread.
Have a good day to all!

Heather

12Class or a lack there of!! Empty Re: Class or a lack there of!! Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:26 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree with most and another thing that is lacking in the world today is common sense and respect. So very few people have it any more.

http://www.popscoops.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum