Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'discussion on trust with stangers...need opinions

+3
Fowler
abpride
triplejfarms
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

o.k make a long story shorter.....i am getting a cat from the states....a local breeder has been talking to my guy i am getting my male from, she said she happens to be going to the states in his state in the next few months for a cat show and would be willing to bring my male back with her....
my question is do you trust a TOTAL stranger with a very expensive animal to faithfully bring it back to you... . who in turn will be like my" compettion in shows ect it will save me money on the shipping...but.." lets just say its like going to a stranger in a airport and saying here is $xxxx can you take it to my grandma who will be in edmonton please/thank you and walk away....
now second off i have noticed this breeder has a few bad things on the web about her not following through on deals ect.... wich makes me a lil weary but who knows people can say anything they want on the internet!
whats your opinion on this?

edit to add the stranger is flying there and back the cats from alabama it has to be flown....

Last edited by triplejfarms on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

abpride

Just get the cat shipped.From breeder to you-simple

Why would you want the added stress of a long car ride,cat show(being exposed to every bug under the sun)and with a total stranger.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree. The savings don't seem to be worth the risk.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

abpride wrote:Just get the cat shipped.From breeder to you-simple

Why would you want the added stress of a long car ride,cat show(being exposed to every bug under the sun)and with a total stranger.

I agree with Renee, get the cat shipped to Calgary.

Ship it , if you already have to question the thought then it must be the wrong one , go with what your feeling tell you

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

SHIP IT!!

Im driving to Colorado on Wed, will be back on Sunday. If the cat is near Greeley Colorado I can bring it back with me.
S

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Go ahead and trust the stranger that has a not so good rep and will be showing against you because its in their best interest to help you! Ya, thats what I would do to save a couple bucks! bom

Incase you didn't notice it Janet, that was sarcasm!

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Go ahead and trust the stranger that has a not so good rep and will be showing against you because its in their best interest to help you! Ya, thats what I would do to save a couple bucks! bom

Incase you didn't notice it Janet, that was sarcasm! Do what you know is right!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

abpride wrote:Just get the cat shipped.From breeder to you-simple

I believe it is a unanimous feeling about this. I agree with everyone else. He is a valuable thing, don`t take ANY chances with him.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks so much everyone, itt was a suggestion by the breeder iam buying him from he has talked to her for a lil while, he claims the cat world is a trusting, family tight knit community . But also my gut says no...
Now shannon I have meet before and do trust but unfortunatly he isn't ready to leave until about 3 weeks!
Thanks so much for the offer!!!!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum