Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

frost this morning...geez.....

+5
chickeesmom
CynthiaM
JaerhonChanteclerEuskies
Giddyup
coopslave
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1frost this morning...geez..... Empty frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I guess we have had our summer, all 2 weeks of it. Was 0C this morning, I will have to wait to see what was killed in the garden. This has been such a frustrating year for gardening here!
I thought it felt very cool in the late evening, but I did not expect this. sigh...I am not ready for cold weather already. I love the heat and there has been so little of it for us this year.

2frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 am

Shocked Already!?! I have a friend in Burns Lake (way north here in BC) who had negative temps already, but so close here? Oh I'm so sorry...I can imagine how you feel.

When you lived in Oz, were you fairly north where you had good heat and mild winter? You must miss it.

I hope your garden survived it just fine and that you get another month (at least!!) of summer weather and temperatures. Hoping last night was just a blip on the screen. Hugs and sunny thoughts coming your way! sunny

3frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 am

Frost ? FROST ! In August ??

4frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 am

Giddyup

Giddyup

I've sure noticed the mornings being cold here...

5frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:34 am

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

That is really bad. It must be so frustrating. scratch

6frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:42 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Coopslave, you seem to have very cold where you are, and you are not really that far, as the bird flies, from where Farmchiq and I live, brrrr. It was quite cold last night, I had to turn on the heat for about 10 minutes to take the chill off, but no where near to freezing. Sigh. I don't think we will have freezing yet for another month and a half, (well, hopefully anyways). You may be surprised how many plants can take a light frost. It is good for parsnips and Brussels sprouts!! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

7frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, it sucks a lot! I think it must be our elevation that makes us so different from places so close to us. We are almost 800 metres.
I just remembered the 4 little chicks that are out in the carport in the brooder. They had such a hard time getting here and now it is bloody cold. I am afraid to even go and check on them. Rolling Eyes sigh (again!)

8frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

5 here this morning, whatever happened to those hot nights where you couldn't even sleep, not happening this year?

9frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:Frost ? FROST ! In August ??

Shocked Exactly my thoughts. How very lame. I hope your garden wasn’t hit too hard…

10frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 am

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It feels like fall already. Shocked Was only 4 this morning here. No

11frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah, we had frost this morning too. Yesterday it poured and was really cool, and then overnight it cleared off and we got frost. We have been covering the beans, peas etc in the garden with the light cloth that is for gardening not for frost but to stop the deers from eating everything overnight.

Thermometer this morning read +1.2 overnight... geez.

Late spring, stuff is just barely started and now we aren't going to get enough heat to finish stuff I'm sure....

Cathy

12frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I didn't check temps this am but when I went out to turn on greenhouse spinkler in my bare feet the dew sure was cold....numb feet by the time I got inside. If you got frost Cathy, I won't be very far behind you Mad
Might have to put a fan in the greenhouse so I can get some more vine ripened toms. My peppers are just starting to turn....tis too early but entirely possible here in the SE Kootenays.

13frost this morning...geez..... Empty Re: frost this morning...geez..... Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yeah, all i can think of is "what a rip in the shorts"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum