Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bad scary day!!

+14
chickeesmom
rbryne
CynthiaM
Dan Smith
Fowler
BriarwoodPoultry
mirycreek
Island Girl
loushrop
Blue Hill Farm
JaerhonChanteclerEuskies
Hidden River
Giddyup
smokyriver
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bad scary day!! Empty Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last night my washing machine broke down, so today I left my oldest to babysit while I took the second oldest with me to help with laundry at the laundramat. I had just finished my laundry and stopped at the bank, when coming out of the bank I am met by my oldest son, which really scared and confused me as he was to be babysitting, then I see my husband who was supposed to be working. All he said to me was hurry up and get in the van we're in a hurry. I got in my van and we took off, then he said to my oldest "Don't you think you should tell mom why we are here?" By this time I am totally lost and worried. My oldest proceeds to explain that he spilt a pot of boiling water on my third son and that we were on our way to emerg as my sister-in-laws fiance had him there. We get there to find he has first and second degree burns

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

2Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

oh mi god Smokyriver how terrifying that must have been! And must be awful for your oldest too. I remember when my brother was burnt badly on his hand after climbing up onto the stove's hot element. I hope your youngest heals quickly!

3Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smokey that is terrible, I hope your little one does ok. I bet your oldest was beside himself when that happened, accidents happen so fast but it was good that he knew who to call to get help.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:04 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Sorry I hope he is okay.

5Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:12 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no, how scary that would have been for you all! I hope your boy is going to be ok.

6Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:48 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I sure hope your little boy is okay. Lou

7Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh no, that sounds very scarey for everyone. I hope everyone is recovering especially your little guy! Prayers are with you.

XOX Monika

8Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry to hear this happened, it must be hard for all of you and especially on your oldest, accidents like this can happen to anyone.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

9Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:36 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh my, i'm so so so sorry to read this... hope your little one heals quickly and that big brother doesn't feel too guilty! What a horrible situation Sad

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

10Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:47 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Terrible when these things happen to your children. You wish that you could trade places with them.

These things can happen so fast. When he was a toddler, my older brother bumped a pan and sloshed hot oil on his hands. My mother and grandmother were making doughnuts and were even in the room at the time. Just happened so quick. The good news is that he did heal.

Hope your little one heals fast.

When you get him home, get some emu oil. You can find it at lots of pharmacies these days. It will help the healing and reduce the scarring. I tried telling a family friend about it years ago and she wasn't very interested. Then her son burnt his hand very badly and, being desperate for anything that might help, she tried it. Now she raves about it.

11Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry and pray for a speedy and painless recovery. I hope that they have a burn unit in the area that you live. I read where in the old days and even today once the burned skin cools you lather egg white on it and it is really supposed to help in the healing and also it stated that there is either no scarring or exceptionally little scarring. We will pray for him.

12Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smokey, that is just awful. Please keep us apprised of how things go.

Something you may or may not want to listen to, or you may already know, but when you begin to treat those wounds at home, I encourage you to use colloidal silver water for the treatment, and if you can, get too, some raw, unpasturized honey. Between using both those to help with the healing, you will have power with you. Silver is used for healing burn patients in the hospital, this is common knowledge. If you do not make your own colloidal silver water, go to the health food store and buy some. It will cost you probably upwards from $12 to $20 for 750 ml (so expensive when you can make your own for pennies for that amount). But it works. It is tried and true and they wouldn't be using silver in Johnson & Johnson bandaids now (you can buy them like that) if it didn't work, nor would burn units in hospitals not use silver if it wasn't tried and true. This is true. Honey is powerful too (must be unpasturized to be best). It has such a low pH that bacteria cannot grow in that environment, healing from the inside out, as wounds do.

Wishing your Son a very speedy recovery, that was an awful day, remember to keep us posted on the recovery and how bad the child is....still, try to find something to make a good day, CynthiaM.

13Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:12 am

rbryne

rbryne

I am very sorry to hear what happened. I wish a full and speedy reccovery.

14Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Smokey so sorry to hear about this awful accident, I am with everyone else in wishing him a speedy recovery. And please listen to Cynthia and get some colloidal silver, I am convinced this stuff works.

15Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds terribly scary, I hope your son recovers quickly.

16Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:22 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So sorry to here this. I feel for all of you especially the older brother who must feel terrible Sad He must be a smart and quick thinker to take care of things so well and so fast. I will be thinking of you. Take care.

17Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

As funny as this may sound, we were fortunate that my husband had burnt himself 2 years ago and my son had heard me tell him to get into a cool shower. We are very proud of the way he handled the situation!! As for my third boy he came home last night, he is bandaged and has a patch on the second degree burns that contains silver.... It works awesome, they had used this on my hubby when he had 3rd degree burn. He is also fully bandaged around his back and shoulder. I have to take him back in today to have his bandages redone. The power of prayer is amazing as once we prayed for him he said the pain eased up tremendously. Thanks for everyones thoughts!! I will definitely use collodial silver, I actually have some here at all times! Again, thanks to all for prayers and thoughts!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

18Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, what a relief! I'm really glad to hear your little boy is on the mend at home. I hope his recovery is quick and as pain free as possible. And your older boy should be commended for handling an extremely stressful/dangerous situation so well. Give them both a big hug from me! Smile

19Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:12 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Smokyriver, I am so sorry this happened and pray for hurt bodies and hurt hearts. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

20Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

Good to hear SmokyR, I'll be sending thoughts that things continue to go smoothly!!

21Bad scary day!! Empty Re: Bad scary day!! Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:38 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am glad things are going well, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family flower

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum