Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canadian Heritage Breeds Poultry Show ~ Red Deer AB~Dec 9-11th

+15
Piet
DoubleSSRanch
Arcticsun
triplejfarms
Dan Smith
toybarons
Blue Hill Farm
poplar girl
liz
steve
k.r.l
ChicoryFarm
KathyS
Hidden River
Admin
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Admin

Admin

Canadian Heritage Breeds is Proud to present the Alberta Provincial Poultry Show.

The Show will be December 9th, 10th, 11th, 2011 held in Red Deer @ Westerner Park.

American Poultry Association / American Bantam Association Sanctioned Show.

There will also Canadian Pigeon Fancier Association Classic Show

This Show plans to be an Amazing Event! There will be lots things going on to keep the whole family busy

~Silent Auction ~ Large Petting Zoo ~ Heritage Vendors ~ Poultry Sales ~ Banquet Hall (on site)

~ All Indoors ~ Hotels Close

This Show will have two Licensed APA / ABA Judges so you will have the chance to have two qualified opinions of your birds. So you can do half the work for twice the results.

https://wcps.canadian-forum.com

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have booked my room, Days Inn in Regina, they even had a discounted rate for the "poultry convention". Very Happy

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've got it marked on the calendar - in large print! There is always so much going on during those last few weeks before Christmas, but I really want to take part in this event. Gonna do my best to dodge those other 'obligatory' Christmas functions in order to do this poultry party of the season. It's all about me this year!! tongue

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uh oh, I think I have to go to this one as well. Cool

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I can't wait for this show! I am really excited to be able to show some of my birds again! Although I am still quite new to exhibiting my birds i find it well worth my time to get quailified opinions about my birds. All the judges I have talked to so far have been a great help!
Plus I really enjoy getting the chance to see everyones birds and getting to talk to everyone!

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Can't wait, sure will be alot of fun!! and i don't have to drive very far this time! and i can't wait to hear what the judges have to say about my birds, and tell me what i should work on!!! Smile

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks to Admin for starting this post Very Happy I am looking forward to the silent auction for all of my Christmas shopping. I am thrilled that the banquet Saturday night is at the show I might bring a Dork as my date!

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

What is happening on each day? I would like to attend the show but might not be able to spend three days.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

This sounds like the show to be at! Very Happy Please take lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it.

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

What is happening each day. On Thursday Dec 8th we will be setting up the show and the bird sale area and the petting zoo and the silent auction and the commercial booths and the show office ( I am feeling an adrenalin rush now) coop in will begin at 4pm and there will be a meet and greet(food treats)that evening. Not sure at this point is our judges will be flying in on the 8th or the morning of the 9th.Silent auction will begin on the 8th. On the 9th Friday judging will begin at 12 noon sharp there will also be coop in until 11 am that morning for exhibitors that can't make Thursday evening.
On Saturday the birds will be judged again by our 2nd judge and we will have the banquet that evening all you will have to do is walk 20 feet and you will be in the banquet hall-thats so cool! On Sunday we will have coop out and complete the silent auction Of course I will update along the way with more info etc.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Flicker Chick you should just make the show a family holiday! You cando some christmas shopping at the building list of amazing heritage vendor or just win some of the awesome silent auction prizes.

Pictures may say a thousand words but memories last a life time, so come join us!

You might even find a few things that catch your eye that you need to add to your flock... I have been known to come home with a few more birds than I took Very Happy

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

^ That sounds like a swell plan k.r.l. and I couldn’t agree with you more. Smile But trying to convince my other half driving all the way to Red Deer in December for the ultimate poultry show isn’t likely to happen. Winter driving is not his fortay as it is.

BUT I’m not giving up yet. My mom’s hubby has some family/cousins in the Red Deer area that he's been wanting to go visit for awhile now. Just need to convince the parents this is the opportunity they've been waiting for! Wink

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

liz wrote:What is happening each day. On Thursday Dec 8th we will be setting up the show and the bird sale area and the petting zoo and the silent auction and the commercial booths and the show office ( I am feeling an adrenalin rush now) coop in will begin at 4pm and there will be a meet and greet(food treats)that evening. Not sure at this point is our judges will be flying in on the 8th or the morning of the 9th.Silent auction will begin on the 8th. On the 9th Friday judging will begin at 12 noon sharp there will also be coop in until 11 am that morning for exhibitors that can't make Thursday evening.
On Saturday the birds will be judged again by our 2nd judge and we will have the banquet that evening all you will have to do is walk 20 feet and you will be in the banquet hall-thats so cool! On Sunday we will have coop out and complete the silent auction Of course I will update along the way with more info etc.

Liz,
OH CRAP, I almost had a kinip there. I had booked my room way back in February when the show was first announced. I had no idea that judging is starting on the 9th [Friday].

Thank goodness we have till 11am Friday to get them cooped. I won't have to changed anything.

I know this show is being promoted on other forums.
Maybe you might want to post this info about the cooping times / judging on those sites too?
Others might have thought like me and migh get caught unaware that actually judging also starts on Dec 9.

I can hardly wait. We are so looking forward to this.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker Chick wrote:^ That sounds like a swell plan k.r.l. and I couldn’t agree with you more. Smile But trying to convince my other half driving all the way to Red Deer in December for the ultimate poultry show isn’t likely to happen. Winter driving is not his fortay as it is.

BUT I’m not giving up yet. My mom’s hubby has some family/cousins in the Red Deer area that he's been wanting to go visit for awhile now. Just need to convince the parents this is the opportunity they've been waiting for! Wink
Flicker, December is a perfect time to come visit relatives in the Red Deer area! So much to do and see! And if that fails, maybe you could work the 'Christmas present' angle...Gee, the very best gift I could ask for would be some company to drive with me to a very special poultry event in Red Deer.... Laughing

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden River wrote:I have booked my room, Days Inn in Regina, they even had a discounted rate for the "poultry convention". Very Happy

Isn't Regina a long way from RedDeer ?

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good catch Dan, LOL, yes it is Red Deer I am booked into, just not sure how we are going to make the show work now but trying to get it all worked out...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Jayme your girls (maybe your husband) will really enjoy the pool and the water slide. I am thinging I might get a room even though I am close just to enjoy the hot tub and water slide...lol

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Iam gonna try to come it will be fun....but definitly gonna try to find a babysitter lOL try to show a couple of my cochins...

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are thinking that another Bedazzled class might be in order.

Any thoughts?

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Arcticsun wrote:We are thinking that another Bedazzled class might be in order.

Any thoughts?

for just silkies again YES I AM SOO IN! i have a few showgirls who like to show off... Very Happy

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Another bedazzled class??? I am not sure I have heard the board bringing that up in the meetings?

Well I am glad to hear that you are planning on entering some cochins triplejfarms!

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

If there is another bedazzled class, you KNOW I am bringing my calf again.. and this time... he will beleive he is a chicken.

Oh and my bantam white leghorn cockeral.. my pet. Maybe Ill die it pink and put fuzzy feathers on it, JUST for Rico, cause we all know how much he loooovvess silkies! Twisted Evil

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

k.r.l wrote:Another bedazzled class??? I am not sure I have heard the board bringing that up in the meetings?

Well I am glad to hear that you are planning on entering some cochins triplejfarms!

Krl..perhaps you would like to come and show me how to bath the girls? LOL I dunno what iam doing never bathed a chicken...LOL how many days proir should I bath them?
At least I have our kennel facilities to bath them in.... Very Happy

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

hey triplejfarms, hear is a link to a post about washing birds! i hope it helps! Very Happy its pritty easy once you do one!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

And Thus I Decree that there SHALL be a Bedazzled class!!!!
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

ok, so the next question.... shall we do a single big class, or divide it into Silkie and Non Silkie

Question Question Question

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum