Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WANTED: German Angora Rabbits

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Anyone know of a breeder in western canada... ??

2WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty Re: WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:30 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not German angora, but they may know of a breeder...

A. Laine
Castlegar, British Columbia
New Zealand Whites, Satin Angoras, Giant Angoras, Netherland Dwarfs
Canadian Rabbit Breeders
canadianrabbitbreeders@live.com

Andrea Clarke
Coldstream, British Columbia
Satin Angoras, Angora hybrids and mixed meat breeds
Dandelion Meadows Rabbitry
agordon-smith@shaw.ca

Alla Hatton
Hope, British Columbia
Satin Angora
Fraser Valley Angoras
jahatton1@hotmail.com
(604)869-5829

Karin Wilds
Kamloops, BC
Mini Rex, Satin Angora
Wilds Rabbitry
kwilds@telus.net

Katrina Paxman
Prince George, British Columbia
French Angoras, Jersey Woolies
Fluffy Angoras Rabbitry
kpaxman1@live.ca

Annie Yu
Calgary, Alberta
French Angora, English Angora
Annie’s Rabbitry
https://www.facebook.com/englishangoraparadise
blueskybunbun@gmail.com

Raymond Watson
Edmonton, Alberta
American Fuzzy Lop, Miniature Rex, Netherland Dwarf, Mini Lop, Angora
StoneShire Rabbitry
Stoneshirefarm@hotmail.ca
587-785-7191

Joanne Block
Vulcan, Alberta
Giant Angoras, Angora Hybrids
Homespun Angoras Studio
linens2lace@yahoo.ca

3WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty Re: WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

WOW.. that is just awesome.. thank you so much!!

I did find some on the net but AT $500 a breeding pair is a bit out of my price range (not saying they aren't worth that, I just didn't have any idea of the cost).

Thank you again. Most helpful

4WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty Re: WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you want them for their wool, I would suggest speaking to the people offering Angora hybrids. You would get the wool you want at a lesser price and hybrid vigour to boot. I have heard that the some of the angora lines have a perpensity for snuffles.

5WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty Re: WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:55 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good to know and yes just looking for fibre... so if a hybrid gives decent product, and you get a potentially more robust animal.. win-win.

Thanks again.

6WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Empty Re: WANTED: German Angora Rabbits Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 am

BELLAGSD2014

BELLAGSD2014
New Here

Very Happy Hello, just read your post. It's so funny that I never get mentioned as a Western Breeder of Angora rabbits after doing it for over 12 years, ha ha. I even have a web site,Wink Wink There is no evidence saying Purebred Angora are all prone to snuffles, I do not have snuffles in my barn. As for wool volume, perhaps you should consider German Angora as they produce a larger amount of wool with a fast regrowth ( which sound like what your looking for?). As for the quality of the wool being better within hybrid Angora lines..... most purebred Angora breeders have worked very hard to make our angora non-shedding with less wool block problems ect due to working hard to produce easy care coats that grow to optima show quality. This has made the care & upkeep of the coat far less work than in years past. Yes, you are very correct, purebred angora are very expensive ... serous breeders of angora place the pricing higher to ensure that only serious homes that have done research on the breed take on the work that comes with that impressive coat. Just my thoughts ... so I guess my advice would be look into German Angora, I believe there are few good ones in Ontario, otherwise maybe try Jack Bailey in the USA, his German & Giant Angora are outstanding ! Well worth the investment ! Best of wishes to you. alien

http://happyhopsrabbitry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum