Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Did my Mama Proud I think

+4
authenticfarm
Fowler
uno
appway
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:02 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I have been Canning all week and I am still Canning I opened a Jar of My Apple Butter I made and It taste great Just like My Mums use to taste So maybe she was watching over my shoulder as I made it like she did just enough sweetness and a little tart. I guess they really do watch you from heaven

Just thought I would share as I eat my toast with Home Made Apple Butter

2Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, she had her hand on your shoulder the whole time and is proud of you. My lost loved ones often visit me through crafts that were theirs and other memories. I believe.

3Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:30 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's what I always say about my Grandfather when I make a mistake in the kitchen. He was a terrible cook. Very Happy 

4Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:41 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good one, Norm.

5Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:06 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Norm Now I know who to blame Your Grandpa

6Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:18 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Atta boy, Joe! I hope you will pass the art of canning on to a younger generation, too. Keep the tradition going.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:28 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I haven't tried making apple butter yet but made apple sauce Smile   I have made maple pumpkin butter the last couple years and last weekend tried making a batch of spiced pear butter YUM!  With soooooo much less sugar than jam I don't feel guilty slathering it on and enjoying not to mention how darn nice the house smells while I'm making it MMM the smells and tastes of Fall 

Congrats on it turning so well cheers  Lovely when your hard work works out well and also brings fond memories

8Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks guys Love the apple Butter never tryed Pear Butter will have to do that one day
I love the smell of it cooking also as it is in the Crock pot for almost 24 hours total so the Smell of Cinnamon and Cloves floats through out the House
It takes awhile to make it right but it is worth it

9Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:11 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

MMMM yes LOVE that smell cheers

10Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:05 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thats awesome I can only imagine that she's very proud of you.

I lucked out this year and have tried my hand at pickled beets. I had to call my mother in law to get instructions to do them. And caught crap from my girlfriend for not using cinnamon sticks in my jars, oops.

11Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:25 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

beets are a next year project as I hate the mess and I still have tomatoes to do an salmon to do
the beets sound good

12Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yum yum yum apple butter. It sounds delicious! Lou

13Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

appway wrote:beets are a next year project as I hate the mess and I still have tomatoes to do an salmon to do
the beets sound good
How do you do your tomatoes?
I sure hope the beets turn out Shocked  talk about stressed out about how they will turn out, lol.

14Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I do green and Red Salsa, Stewed, Spaghetti Sauce and Whole all done in the pressure canner and the salsa I water bath as it dont last long around here alos going to try and make some Green Tomato bread and butter Pickles I found a recipe for Tomato butter I am thinking of trying have never had it but I am game

15Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow. Can I come to your house and hang out LOL.

Does your stewed tomatoes and getti sauce have to be done in a pressure cooker?

16Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:19 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can do it in a water bath I pressure can it but before I got it I water bathed it

17Did my Mama Proud I think Empty Re: Did my Mama Proud I think Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh yes, bet your bottom dollar your Mamma is looking over your shoulder with a sweet smile on her face.  Both my Daughters, 43 in a month, and 38 do not can. But boy, are they ever changing year by year.  Even the one Son-in-Law has said on many occasion, I keep looking at my Mother-in-Law, and they say, that if you want to know what your Wife will become, look to that woman.  I laugh when he says this, as I see my Daughters both change in their life, they will be assimilated.  He loves me to pieces, I am a blessed woman.  Bet your bottom dollar your Mamma is proud!  Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum