Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC)

+5
Prairie Chick
Beep
fuzzylittlefriend
coopslave
Terre Wilde
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:38 am

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

Well - can't put it off any longer - must sell my farm.

I have approx 100 layers

Barred Rocks - almost 7 months old and started to lay - about 3 dozen, 2 roos and 3 older girls (about 2 I think)

Isa Browns - about 20 18 months old and a numer of older girls

Australorps - about 6 or so, 1 beautiful and kind roo, one black orp and 1 mixed breed - looks Aussie but eye colour is wrong

Olive Eggers - got some really nice ones from member in Lake Country and also some 7 month olds that I crossed with a Wellie roo and the egg colour is gorgeous

Some black and blue Easter Eggers - they are from a gorgeous roo from Kentucky and are throwing black and blue offspring plus a few Wellie/EE hens and roos

Let me know if you are interested in any and I will try to post some pics this week.

2flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

pm'd you

3flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:07 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HOw much for barred rocks? Where are they from?

I might be able to start my project early!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

4flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Beep

Beep

Aw Sad sorry you have to sell. You must be sad. Crying or Very sad 

5flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

So sorry that you have to sell, I am sure it was a tough decision  Sad 

6flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:10 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I too am sorry to hear this, I know you loved your little farm, but we must do what we have to do. I have a friend that wanted to replace some old Isa browns, I will get to her over the next couple of days and email you if she is interested in any. Wish I had room, I would take some, but just can't help you out. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Terre Wilde wrote:
Some black and blue Easter Eggers - they are from a gorgeous roo from Kentucky and are throwing black and blue offspring plus a  few Wellie/EE hens and roos

Terre Wilde; what do you consider Easter Eggers? This term confuses me. What is the cross. Or are these the Araucana?
I also know of someone who is looking to get some hens..

8flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:30 am

Farmchiq

Farmchiq

I PM'd you as well, yesterday.

9flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 am

Terre Wilde

Terre Wilde

It's been a very tough decision and a long time in the making. It's most important to me that my chickens go to a good home. Thank you for your enquiries and comments - much appreciated!

What I consider Easter Eggers are chickens that carry the blue gene - some of my EEs are solid black or blue and I got them from someone in Armstrong who imported an Ameraucana roo from Kentucky - so getting some beautiful birds from that line but sometimes get one with different colours so the line isn't pure from the original hens side. Hope this helps - I also have crossed my olive eggers with Welsummer and that seems to have strengthened the olive colour - they are all caramel coloured and now quite a mix in genes - but interestingly enough they all look quite similar and all bearded. Hope this helps!

I'd like $15 for the barred rocks - they were expensive to raise (huge!)they're from Rochester hatchery. I'll put some pics on shortly.

Thanks everyone!

10flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Empty Re: flock dispersal (Lake Country, BC) Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Mamasasa

Mamasasa
New Here

Hi,
I am looking to start a flock and live fairly close to you (just south of salmon arm) I am most interested in the Australorps and Barred Rocks. (perhaps an Easter Egger) I am looking for a small flock to get started. Interested in 3 hens and a roo of each. We could provide a great home on 34 acres where they would be very well looked after. Please pm me.
Thanks Very Happy
Sasa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum